Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31451 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2011, 20:14:23 »
I am with Bonnie on this one!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2011, 20:21:57 »
...none of us has the data to say for sure what Playmobil's marketing plan is or what sets or themes they deem to be a success or failure. 

When a theme gets cancelled after a year or two of being on the market it's obviously a failure.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2011, 20:26:20 »
Guys let's face it! are you thinking WE should teach Geobra how and what to sell?? Really? They have been in the market for over 30 years and I don't think they loose a dime out of the choices they make wether themes are on sale for 2 years or 10.
Come on! regarding the catalog itmes I think they chose the items THEY thought would sell better and those they could put into production out of the ones the pcc suggested!
Why so much drama about it?  ;)
Let's enjoy it!

The PCC did a good job and Geobra was really fast to deliver. Im surprised they already have them ready to put into the catalogs!
Can't wait to get them all!

Let's be proactive and talk about the future.... what's done is done! let's talk about next year catalog  ;D
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2011, 20:33:48 »
Well said  :)9
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2011, 20:35:59 »
100% agree @ bonniebeth

i calculated that i need a minimum of 50 to 80 of them and for 5.00 euros/per piece (for example) i wouldn't hesitate one second to place an order immediatelly

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2011, 20:38:30 »
Guys let's face it! are you thinking WE should teach Geobra how and what to sell?? Really? They have been in the market for over 30 years and I don't think they loose a dime out of the choices they make wether themes are on sale for 2 years or 10.
Come on! regarding the catalog itmes I think they chose the items THEY thought would sell better and those they could put into production out of the ones the pcc suggested!
Why so much drama about it?  ;)
Let's enjoy it!

The PCC did a good job and Geobra was really fast to deliver. Im surprised they already have them ready to put into the catalogs!
Can't wait to get them all!

Let's be proactive and talk about the future.... what's done is done! let's talk about next year catalog  ;D

These discussions are very helpful to the future way the PCC can address the chance Geobra asks us again. The first time the PCC was caught off guard but if we all discuss it now we could be better prepared as we will have more understanding into how everyone thinks  ;)

WE can teach Geobra on how we the collectors think and what we want. We are customers after all so they should as a business listen to us

I do not hear to many people complaining about the DS list but how the process happened, how it could be better and that is a good thing for the community as a whole
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2011, 20:41:02 »
100% agree @ bonniebeth

i calculated that i need a minimum of 50 to 80 of them and for 5.00 euros/per piece (for example) i wouldn't hesitate one second to place an order immediatelly

too bad you can only place an order of 9 on their web sites . You get this message "Please reduce the number of pieces ordered to a maximum of 9 as we can sell items only for personal or family use."
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2011, 20:48:20 »
WE can teach Geobra on how we the collectors think and what we want. We are customers after all so they should as a business listen to us

I agree with this totally. Though I don't think we are their main audience.....yet.

the process is done and we can't change it now, so no point complaining about it. it was the best that could be done by the time it was done with the time they had to do it. (btw I was not in the pcc)

let's share ideas for next time!  ;D

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2011, 21:12:51 »

I agree with this totally. Though I don't think we are their main audience.....yet.

If the current kid toy buying trend continues we may be their only audience  ;D

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2011, 00:09:39 »
I think that a different marketing strategy would really boost sales in the U.S. There is a small, affluent suburb outside of Chicago that has a bunch of smaller toy stores, just filled with educational toys that are not normally sold in the major mass-marketed stores, like WalMart and Target, and Playmobil sells really well at these small toy stores. I think if Playmobil marketed the well-made and educational aspect of their product, sales would really improve. I don't like Collin having cheaply-produced toys because I know certain standards, like lead, can sneak by.  I don't want my son playing with lead toys and I don't think other parents would either :no:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil!