Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31486 times)

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2011, 11:24:05 »
I agree with your point about the windmill and watertower-  They didn't sell when they were new- I remember them hanging around on shelves years after they were retired...
The car, the bakery, and the barrel, tho, may have wider appeal, and I have to assume the prior steck offerings have sold well, as they produced the range of colors...
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2011, 11:38:03 »
Playmobil ( and it was about time) needed  to respond and I am really happy they have done so to requests of collectors who have been loyal customers since the 70s  and have spent litelly $$$$$s in buying massive quantities  of their products . 

I am really happyt with the barrel coming out ( i only have 6 of them ) , the bakery , the windmill, water tank , old car and i cant wait to buy them in quantities. I really hope other steck house follow and of course the ' classico' nuremberg guard with its impecable shiny armour and weapons makes a glorius comeback. Hell , there will an order of 500 the next day form me ... at least ...  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2011, 11:42:37 »
@Surfergirl: have you ever considered that it is a great opportunity for collectors who missed those great sets when they came out originaly, to get them now and at a reasonable price? I dont want to pay 75 GBP for a watermill, nor a water tank, not to say 30 to 40 euros for the big barell. I did not have the money to get those sets when they came out originally and I can;t spend so much on a MIB original set, so the reissue is a great service for me, and to others I am sure! Its good to see that you don't feel your MIB sets treatened, because believe me, who ever wants to pay for them, they will not hesitate to do so!

It was a great opportunity to ask for items that are greatly sought after and its a pity we did not think to ask for some more, like the 3525 fire engine, or the 3551 Fishing Trawler...I think Geobra is in for an extra profit with these sets and if you worry about them items not being being bought by children and parents because they do not fit the current themes, I would not worry. Plenty of other items in the DS catalogue to fit the current themes...  ;)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2011, 11:45:17 »
I fully understand your point. However I disagree!

We got asked as a Pilot Group to choose which items collectors would like to see in the DS catelogue. Of the list we provided to Playmobil these 5 were chosen. Many collectors will be very happy with the rerelease of the Watertower and Windmill. I know I for one am very happy. I might get only one of each (not a western collector) but still they are very iconic, unique pieces that I want to have in my collection.

On the other hand 4223 estate car is not something very appealing to collectors, it's just another car. we have so many modern cars. I wouldn't have bought a single one of those cars and I wonder how this would be for other collectors. It's the uniqueness more then anything that makes it special to me. How easy is it replaced in a diorama by another piece? For each of the five items I can't think of an easy way to replace it, maybe the bakery is the exception but it has so many rare pieces that collectors are over the moon to have it back.

They asked us to list items collectors wanted to see in the DS catelogue and I think we delivered. I think they are very much aware that these won't be great sellers to anybody BUT collectors. But it does show that they listened and apparently feel that is in their best interest as a company to have the collectors on their side.

So in the end, yes we were selfish, but IMO we were asked to be selfish and I for one need to start budgetting because this is going to hurt!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:57:48 by Gis »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2011, 11:49:02 »
I fully agree with Gis! :yup: :yup: :yup:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2011, 13:00:22 »
I agree also and i think we have every right to be selfish as many of use spent lots of playmobil and are probably the equivalent of a year's expenditure of a school or something on playmobil . so its all great news and i have no regrets for MISB and MIB collectors etc etc quite frankly i dont care what happens to prices for such boxed items  , when they go down its good as far as i am concerned  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i was planning to get a mint water tank for 250 euros, so i will buy 5 of them for far far less which is superb !!!!

I want these british soldiers !!!!!!!!! i want them so bad !!! can somone get some for me when they become available ?? anyone ??  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2011, 13:12:24 »
I understand your reasoning, Claire, but, as Gis has explained, the PCC was asked to suggest ideas for collectors.   However, I think that Geobra will be watching closely how things sell.  Some collectors may well buy a large number of some items but that may not mean that they have been successful from Geobra's point as Geobra will want to and will need to make a profit on them.  Maybe Geobra should also take note of your thoughts and expand what can be obtained via the DS catalogue which was designed to allow expansion of existing sets by offering extra items not available through the shops.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2011, 13:21:09 »
Very well explained, Gis! You're right, they asked what collectors wanted to see in the catalogue this time. They weren't asking what the collectors think kids want. They know what kids and parents want; they're a successful toy company, no problems there. Keeping the collectors happy is an area they have always fallen down on, and now they're trying to turn that around (hopefully.) If the collectors are happy and feel appreciated, they keep buying, not just the DS sets, but others as well. And as Ras pointed out, these are old molds, so it didn't cost them much to produce these for us. They'll get their money out of it, many times over, I'm sure.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2011, 13:32:32 »
I was not part of the pilot group but I'm happy with what is being offered in the catalog. Let's not forget that the official club has not started yet and this is just one years offering. I'm sure there will be other sets reissued in the coming years that will satisfy a majority of us. That being said, we better buy this stuff to insure that PM offers more in the future.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2011, 13:35:41 »
That being said, we better buy this stuff to insure that PM offers more in the future.

I'm all for that  ;)
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil!