Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31490 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2011, 18:10:37 »
This is the 1st time that I have been more excited about the contents of the DS catalogue than I have the main catalogue.

I don't collect Victorian themed items but that British racing green old timer is something that I have got to have.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2011, 18:12:09 »
the only intressting thing is the shepard and the pig family :lol

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2011, 21:51:45 »
Normally it's one year later

Interesting to see what's not there. In animals there are a lot off the list. Flamingos, gazelle, water buffalo, hyena, zebra, warthog.
It's possible some may remain in stock but just not be in the print catalog, but if you want herds of anything now is the time to stock up.
In figures the pirates are gone, and all of the family groups except the knight, also the dwarfs and fairies.

I noticed this also!  I guess the bakery took the place of the house.  Better get some houses now if your on the fence.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 23:12:18 »
I noticed this also!  I guess the bakery took the place of the house.  Better get some houses now if your on the fence.

Are you talking about the yellow steck house?

I get more curious as to what is not there in the catalog as we now have only a year to stock up
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 23:23:09 »
What I noticed, and I wonder if anyone in Playmobil did too, was why have a western themed water-tower for a steam engine but yet they are NOT selling a western steam engine?!

Sales will be very low on these.  Only the very few collectors who have western stuff will even bother with it. 

Then the executives at Playmobil will look at numbers of sales of this item and see how low they were and how many they still have in stock at various DS locations and then be very reluctant to release old moulds again ...

8}

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2011, 00:04:04 »
What I noticed, and I wonder if anyone in Playmobil did too, was why have a western themed water-tower for a steam engine but yet they are NOT selling a western steam engine?!

Yes you are right that there is no western train and even in the US all the trains have been discontinued. The reason for it was the it was very high on the list as to items the international pilot group voted on. It does not make theme sense but this was/is more of a test to see how it works out.

Sales will be very low on these.  Only the very few collectors who have western stuff will even bother with it. 

How do you know that this will happen?

Then the executives at Playmobil will look at numbers of sales of this item and see how low they were and how many they still have in stock at various DS locations and then be very reluctant to release old moulds again ...

8}

How many people do you think bought the classic fire truck or the orange construction truck. Even the used vintage ones do not sell very well at all and yet Geobra re-released them. The items chosen all of these are very sought after by collectors and the used prices are very high so in my opinion these have a better chance than the ones Geobra itself choses.

One thing you should also keep in mind is that Geobra already put in the capital investment into these molds. Plugging in an old mold and cranking out some classic sets is all profit. No high salary design team, no market research, no mold expense, no fancy child testing, no boxes even. To turn 50¢ of raw goods into $20, those #'s should keep the execs happy enough.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2011, 00:10:20 »
One thing you should also keep in mind is that Geobra already put in the capital investment into these molds. Plugging in an old mold and cranking out some classic sets is all profit. No high salary design team, no market research, no mold expense, no fancy child testing, no boxes even. To turn 50¢ of raw goods into $20, those #'s should keep the execs happy enough.

This is an excellent point. We're just asking for old molds here, and that should never be a problem, as long as there's a reasonable expectation they will be sold. I know I, for one, will certainly be buying the water tower, though I have no train. There's always the hope that at some future time I may get one.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2011, 00:13:40 »
Oh wow! I just followed up with this thread to see some fantastic stuff in the catalogue! The bakery is wonderful and I too spotted the old playhouse. Some great things to be bought. As for the western train - perhaps they may release this down the track. Their agreement to re-introduce the barrel and wind tower, car etc give us hope for more  :love:
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2011, 00:38:25 »
Oh wow! I just followed up with this thread to see some fantastic stuff in the catalogue! The bakery is wonderful and I too spotted the old playhouse. Some great things to be bought. As for the western train - perhaps they may release this down the track. Their agreement to re-introduce the barrel and wind tower, car etc give us hope for more  :love:

Pun intended? ;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2011, 02:18:00 »
How do you know that this will happen?

1) For the simple reason that outside of the very small collector market the rest of the purchases are made by parents.  If the parent looks at the set and wonders why little Billy or little Sally would need such a thing considering there are no steam engines to use it with.

2) Collectors can only have so many of these in a set up, therefore sales will be very limited.  It's not like the medieval house where you can have dozens side by side.