Author Topic: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture  (Read 31479 times)

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: New DS-catalogue 2011/2012: 1st (small) picture
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2011, 03:18:32 »
Cannot wait for the Princess castle to get to the US!!! It's got an extension as well! Yay!!!
Thank you so much for the pics!!! :D

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2011, 05:44:41 »
I for one can't wait unti they are available... I plan to get a serious quantity of the old incarnations  ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2011, 08:03:23 »
These British Soldiers ( not the old classic redcoats with the tall hats ) look awesome, they look like tehy came out of the S. Kubrick's movie Barry Lindon . Superb. When will these be available to Greece ?  :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2011, 08:47:44 »
 :yippee:
I see so many things there that I want to buy!  This has definately got to be the best DS catalogue for a while...now I just have to be patient and wait for it to come out in the UK.   :inlove:

naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2011, 09:43:20 »
I have taken a couple of days before writing this post as I wanted to be sure of what I wanted to say as my opinion won't be popular....

I believe that the PCC pilot group have done us a dis-service by requesting the re-issue of some of the chosen items. I am pleased to see the 1900's car in a new colour and the beer keg making a reappearance but not the windmill, water tower or bakery.

I have all the re-issued pieces MIB, but am not worried for the value of my collection as I believe that MIB collectors will still pay good money for the boxes and klickies that will not be included in the re-issue versions.
My concern is that it will only be collectors who will ever buy these pieces.....for example someone with an old western diorama but who couldn't or wouldn't pay £75+ for a windmill. Given that the western theme, and especially the western train, were retired so long ago, many of the children currently looking for extras on DS just will not be interested in either item. The same is true for the bakery building as children are more likely to buy the modern system-x version also available on DS. As a collector, I may have bought them in a new colour, but not as a simple re-issue of what I already have.

An idea would have been to ask for another vehicle, possibly the 4223 estate car, to have been produced in a different colour. Therefore, collectors could have bought it to add to their collection, but also the rest of the public may have bought it as transport to take a PLaymo family to the zoo for example. As collectors, we could have raised our profile with Geobra by highlighting that we can come up with commercial ideas which will benefit them and us. Instead I believe, that by asking them to re-issue pieces which may not have broad appeal, we have highlighted to them that that may not be the case.

Just my two cents worth,
Claire.
I wish I lived in Germany!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2011, 09:52:11 »
Your point claire has some rational but givemn some of us will eg buy no less than 5 water tanks and 5 windmills etc and probably lots of bakeries , somehow i have a feeling these old sets will sell ratehr well

Also as a response to a previous post , the 1983 catalogue had the fishing trowler and the 4052 train and 4200 train station for htese and these only its very very good but not as good as the massive and diverse catalogue of 2011

By the way , i will be ordering 350 of these british soldiers . no less  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2011, 10:01:43 »
I think the case was that we were just thinking of ourselves, as we have identified that the market for collectors is very great, especially in Giorginettos case! :D

I don't know Geobra's sales statistics for DS items, but I should imagine (especially the UK) that they aren't too big, and I thought that DS was mainly aimed at the collectors (and serious kids) to get some extra accessories, or in this case, have access to special repros of age old sets :love: :love: :love:

I'm definately going to buy all these new sets (and lots of the beer barrels!) I think the water tower would be popular as it could be used with any G-scale trainset or such, so hings like that will have a broader market.

To be fair, I don't know how many 4-10 year olds that would be interested in medieval civilian life and architecture, but we certainly get excited about steck and timber frame :love: :love: :love:

They might sell out of cars! :o

Damo :)

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2011, 10:15:43 »
They might sell out of cars! :o
Damo :)

No! They can't do that I wan't one(at least)!  :lol:
[img]

Offline surfergirl

• PCC Member
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2011, 10:40:08 »
But Damo, that is exactly my point...the pilot group was only thinking for themselves.

How many times have Geobra been criticised on this board for only thinking of themselves and for profit, rather than also taking the collector into consideration. This could have been an excellent opportunity to show that both can be achieved simultaneously. Instead, when given a voice, we have done exactly the thing we complain about Geobra for.

I feel we have missed an opportinity to show Geobra that we can think not only of ourselves and what we want, but also of the greater Playmobil customer base, and therefore prove that members of the collector community can be valuable allies to larger companies.

Claire
I wish I lived in Germany!