Author Topic: All Quite in the  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: All Quite in the
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 15:53:09 »
Yes.

As Ive said, Ive been a member of other fora that lost many members because of abuses, so I know what it's like to have total anarchy online  :)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 17:27:27 »
Being a new member I would love to have loads of time to browse the forum and post but unfortunately I am in the run up to my GCSE exams so most of my time at the moment is taken up with revision.  However, once the exams are over and I have the summer holidays ( :woohoo:) I will definitely be more active.

naflibomyalp
[img]

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 18:41:07 »
Bolingbroke, may I recommend the playmo-free zone. There are often interesting discussions there about a variety of subjects, though always within forum guidelines, so as to keep the forum kid-friendly. However, this basically is a forum about playmobil, so it's natural and right that most discussions will center on, well, playmobil.

As to the mod team being over-vigilant, I can assure you we try very hard to strike a balance between being "the police" or letting issues go so long that things escalate to the point of members leaving over hurt feelings. However, sometimes there are things that happen behind the scenes, maybe PMed complaints, arguments between members, other issues that aren't publicly known that we are dealing with that may be factors in our decisions we make. Or sometimes these other issues are simply distracting us. It seems all will be quiet for weeks at a time, with nothing needing our attention, and then one day, five or six problems will come up all at once, leaving us all overwhelmed and stressed, as most of us are trying to handle these things while at the same time tending our real-life responsibilities. So if we seem to have been harsh or short in a decision, please try to cut us a little slack. We are only trying to protect the peace of the forum. You may not realize how badly some members need this forum to be a happy place they can turn to. Some are fighting different issues in their private lives, and really need to be able to come here and relax.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 18:50:26 by bonniebeth »
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 19:25:18 »
Just what the lady said  ;)

Offline tlc

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 13:05:45 »
Well said, bb!

This is definitely a light, fun, and relaxing place to hang out; and I do peek in on the forum daily.  I can understand how things are quiet, though, since the furor of expectation caused by revealing the new themes is over and most everyone is in the lull of waiting for their release in the upcoming months or year.

In the spirit of Less is More, I am enjoying watching the kids' further exploration of the pieces and sets that they already have.  Also, am looking forward to gifting a couple small additions that will make their appearance in the Easter basket!  [Girl scientist w/baby dino and Egyptian archaeologist set for science-minded daughter, in case you were wondering.]  I can't wait to see how they will 'fit in' and interact with the rest of the playmo-foster family.

In related anathema news, same daughter has discovered the fun of creating things with the basic pink lego brick set; we only have the small one but I can definitely see expanding with the larger set as well.  There is room for both playmo and (basic, non-licensed) lego in this house.  Totally different play experience!  The lego 'people?' are odd at best but lego is more about the things you make rather than the interpersonal/interanimal interaction and story creation of playmobil.

Speaking of creating stories, has anyone else had fun using Rory's Story Cubes?  We even do (horribly unskilled) drawing contests based on them!

Enjoy!  tlc

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 13:23:26 »
I love the way you expressed the difference between playmo and lego! That is exactly it.

I think i mentioned in another thread, but not here, it seems from what a lot of people around the forum have said, that most of us are in a buying frenzy right now. We've been too busy buying and playing to post here! :lol:
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: All Quiet in the
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 16:06:58 »
At one point we had so many new threads every day it actually put me off, as I couldn't possibly read them all for content, and the titles people put were often inadequate to summarise the nature of the thread.

Thus I now tend to ignore thread titled "What do you think?" or "Look at this", preferring to spend my valuable time reading threads like "4086 Police Mega-Set review" or "Trains in my Garden", which give me some idea what i'm about to embark upon.

The usual spring slump is upon us with few new releases to talk about or review, I've got plenty of "nonline" activities like gardening to do, and still have hours of tidying and reorganising of my playmoden to do to make it even half-way decent. The vanishment of Playmobil from two major department stores in the last six months also means less exposure and less to talk about.

I've got several unopened sets I could review as they haven't been done by anyone else yet, but haven't had the energy or inclination to get round to them. I'd prefer to read more reviews by different Playmofriends, as other viewpoints about sets I might not buy myself are more interesting than writing my own opinions.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 16:42:30 »
I've gotten loads of new sets I should have reviewed lately myself, but been too lazy or too busy to do it, not sure which sometimes! :lol:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 16:55:58 »
I've gotten loads of new sets I should have reviewed lately myself, but been too lazy or too busy to do it, not sure which sometimes! :lol:

eeerrr...same here ... i should be doing more reviews really but really want to push on with my mediaval project now that the train project is kinda completed as everything that was to be bought has been bought. i will be posting big progress pics next weekend as i plan to take an extra day off work to really push on with my mediavqal set up , complete the city and the barracks /royal quarters as i still have to set up all the dragonland sets, my existing yellow and green dragons, merry men , forrest and trees and of course the vikings !!!! so much more to do but once i  complete the castle and its inhabitants i should be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel as they say and then once all set , start making some cool photostories and of course the mother of all sieges .......... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 23:21:30 »
I have been posting a lot less because I was traveling a lot. Last week I spend 8 days in Canada and the US (Including a Playmo Adventure with Ronastoo) and I am still recovering from the jetlag a bit.

Will be gone the whole weekend again, so not a lot of time to read/catch up post!

Should be better after the coming weekend!