Author Topic: All Quite in the  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: All Quite in the
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 14:36:53 »

...but being busy with life and things. ;)

...and probably the reason why most memebers dont post so much!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 14:40:05 »
I haven't been posting much lately, just odd things now and again, but that's just because I've been busy with craft fairs and produce markets.  8}
Hopefully after the 15th I'll have have more time to spare.

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 20:48:41 »
As a new series comes on-line I suspect you’ll notice at least a slight increase in activity.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 21:39:12 »
As a new series comes on-line I suspect you’ll notice at least a slight increase in activity.

...but being busy with life and things. ;)

Yes exactly, these are the triggers for the ebbs and flows

This happens all the time and does not necessarily mean people are abandoning ship

If there was a large exodus you would really know about it as those are usually triggered by large scale arguments/spats
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 21:42:50 »
Yes, that is true, and I don't know of any major problems. I think we're just less talkative lately. ;)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 01:52:23 »
I am here too......but having less time to make replies on forum. Quite busy and running out of place to display playmobil!! The earthquake in JP also dent my mood on playmobil :'(

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 03:28:40 »
Another interesting question; ¿What percentage are lurking (even registered members)? I wonder, because my survival site has at least a dozen views a week, yet NO site activity (no page edits, no discussion posts, nothing). Clearly, people ARE coming, people ARE reading, yet not one seems to feel the need to comment.
Just a thought…
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 08:18:44 »
I'm still here, but admittedly mostly lurking when I do visit.

The combination of lots of stress at work, a cat not in the best of health, and a six week old baby has meant I don't have much time or energy to spare.

We also will have to move again in the next month or so (our land lord is selling the house out from underneath us, and we're not in a position to buy it), so even if I had the time and energy to do any customising, Steck building or fighting another battle, I think it's best to keep the Playmobil packed up for the moment.

AndrewL

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 15:04:24 »
I'm a lurker alright. There's nothing much I ever feel like replying to: I like to read the reviews and look at the customs, but apart from that, I never know what to say or do. It's a bit of a bummer that whenever a discussion starts becoming interesting - and a bit grown-up - it is stifled by the mod team. I know how a forum can go to the dogs because of trolling, flaming and so on, but I do feel that the mods here are overly cautious. Because of this and more often than not, this place ends up feeling like the town in that film, Pleasantville. It's a bit sinister because of that, too  :) To have grown-up men discussing PM part numbers all the time. I know a lot of people come in here as a break from real life, and I know how stressful real life can be, but still ... there's only so much you can say about Yellow Dragon Knights and PM Trains.

It's still a very nice forum with very nice people, and I don't wish to be too criticial, but as I said, there's a limit to what you can discuss, unless you take the discussion on to another level.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 15:16:55 by Bolingbroke »
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 15:44:40 »
To have grown-up men discussing PM part numbers all the time. I know a lot of people come in here as a break from real life, and I know how stressful real life can be, but still ... there's only so much you can say about Yellow Dragon Knights and PM Trains.

It's still a very nice forum with very nice people, and I don't wish to be too criticial, but as I said, there's a limit to what you can discuss, unless you take the discussion on to another level.

Well, speaking for myself I come here to have a good time. I like the company of the people here, many of whom I consider my friends, and I share my love for playmobil. I do photostories, customs, reviews, ask, and if i can give, advice on playmobil items, parts, klickies accessories and the lot. And I know this is what we are supposed to be doing here. All these are more than enough for people here to participate. Many options you see. And if a general topic comes forth its welcome, within the allowed guidelines of the forum: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=40.0

I believe Giorginetto's initial question was addressing the fact that there might not be a lot of activity towards the above purposes of this forum, not towards the opportunity to discuss more general issues. But good to know where you're at!  :)