Author Topic: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?  (Read 13619 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 17 least appropiate PM sets for kids?
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 19:18:32 »
As you wish. ;) I know I personally wouldn't drink beer at work, I almost never drink, and have never been buzzed in my life, much less drunk.  So I'm certainly not condoning it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 19:24:18 »
Next time i am at the 'den i will set up the prison area / torture devices/ prisoners ( from pirates jail ) and take some pictures of these poor klickies !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 19:39:03 »
And you have to remember the cultural differences, Luciano. In germany, beer is just part of everyday life, not what you drink when you're out with friends trying to get a buzz and have some fun. Some of the beers they drink are a much lower alcohol content than what you find in the US for example, and people drink it for the purpose of quenching thirst and cooling off. So when you look at it from that point of view, it makes perfect sense for men who are working hard to be drinking beer, simply because they are thirsty, not because they are partying.

Some friends of mine traveled to Germany for a religious convention, which was held in a large outdoor stadium. It was summertime, and they were having a terrible heatwave. Being from the US, my friends were surprised to hear the ministers encouraging everyone to drink plenty of beer during the convention so that they would not get overheated. But this was low-alcohol beer, being served to keep people cool and hydrated. There it was just not looked at the same as how it is viewed here.

Maybe the convention was sponsored by Lowenbrau (one of the worst beers Ive ever had the misfortune to sample, I might add).
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 21:08:29 »
Maybe the convention was sponsored by Lowenbrau (one of the worst beers Ive ever had the misfortune to sample, I might add).

That would certainly add insult to injury ::).
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 21:34:58 »
Drinking alcohol can be just as bad as the other addictions if things become harmful to your health. It's better to educate children to the harms of misuse than to pretend they will never be confronted by it in their life. There is a strict bible college in my area that doesn't like to discuss any bad habits, & a lot of students when they get the opportunity to have access to those things, jump in both feet first & end up with addiction issues. It makes me believe that if properly educated because temptation is everywhere, the children can make educated decisions not going into things blind & ending up addicted. Pretending things don't exist doesn't make them disappear.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 21:36:43 »
hear hear !

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 22:00:46 »
Drinking alcohol can be just as bad as the other addictions if things become harmful to your health. It's better to educate children to the harms of misuse than to pretend they will never be confronted by it in their life. There is a strict bible college in my area that doesn't like to discuss any bad habits, & a lot of students when they get the opportunity to have access to those things, jump in both feet first & end up with addiction issues. It makes me believe that if properly educated because temptation is everywhere, the children can make educated decisions not going into things blind & ending up addicted. Pretending things don't exist doesn't make them disappear.

Amen.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 22:33:59 »
As I've mentioned before, we use our Playmobil to reflect what goes on in our day to day lives (or rather Isaac does, as I have just bought a unicorn  ::)) and there are none of these sets I would shy away from, but from the point of view of the construction workers hut and the Portaloo, we have one of each because

(a) My husband's original office was very similar to the Playmobil one (and to think, the first time we met was in there, and I actually let him make me a cup of tea - it was foul  :lol:).  His current place of work at least has a door between the loo and the kitchen, but they are dangerously close!! No bunk beds though!

(b) In real life, Portaloos are everywhere!!

This one's been about 400 yards/metres from home for the past fortnight whilst the pavements are being resurfaced. We walk past it twice a day on the way to/from school.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 22:56:38 »

Hmm. I see a port a loo, a camper, a road sign, the mini excavator, traffic cones,  lots of playmobil look-a-likes in your picture  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 02:21:49 »
Pretending things don't exist doesn't make them disappear.

True, but you don't need to show them to children as something normal and expected.
Sex is normal and healthy, everyone here does it, but do you expose your 4yo to it?
Cheers!
Luciano