Author Topic: Geobra's "taste"  (Read 8879 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: Geobra's "taste"
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 15:55:08 »
Over on his topic about the take-a-long pick-up, Ras said something about the driver's ugly T-shirt that started me thinking. Why does Geobra usually go for the tacky look? Look at that driver's T-shirt - it screams "I'm a hick that can drive over anything with my big bad truck!". The same goes with the chopper that I bought, with a klicky that looks like a perfect Sunday-Peter-Fonda-wannabe. Or the big blue cruiser, with "Saint Louis" written on the bike and on the biker's back. And both riders come with the Prince Valiant hairdo. I understand that Geobra tries to imitate real life, but do they have to usually imitate the weirdos ::)?

Sometimes I think they take the caricaturization overboard. Yeah, these are toys aimed at children, but why go overboard and tacky? A 5yo does not know who peter Fonda is, so why use that particular look :hmm:?

I agree. Must've something to do with Germany and fashion sense. The worst culprits, fashion-wise, are the klickies in the recent Xmas market set: they're wearing some knit-wear straight out of a Burda catalogue circa 1982. And then there's - in that thread about the multi-etnic families - one of the dads who's dressed like a total berk, in (if I remember correctly) a tie/shirt/baseball cap horror combo.

Having said that, an actual Easy Rider/Peter Fonda set would have been so cool.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 16:00:21 »
And then there's - in that thread about the multi-etnic families - one of the dads who's dressed like a total berk, in (if I remember correctly) a tie/shirt/baseball cap horror combo.

What you do not have a pair of those high fashion yellow pants in you wardrobe ? and the print of the tie just goes with any color seeing as it has every color in the rainbow on it  :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 16:23:37 »
What you do not have a pair of those high fashion yellow pants in you wardrobe ? and the print of the tie just goes with any color seeing as it has every color in the rainbow on it  :P

Actually we could have national fashion stereotypes. For example Spanish men of a certain age are quite partial to mustard-coloured trousers. Italian men, on the other hand, can always be seen with a cardigan casually draped over the shoulders. And so on.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 17:30:47 »
I prefer the more detaled klickys myself, rather than the old classic itnerchangeable ones.

1st prize for the giraffe lady!

Yes l like the new klickies more too but a print of pockets or buttons would have been so much more useful than some lame truck or FIT image on the shirt

It could be done, just as easily as the FIT logo. And that's the whole issue: why does Geobra have to go the tacky route ?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 15:08:20 »
I don't think children, actually care how Klicky's are dressed. Tacky is not a concern for a play figure, just if they can use it for other purposes, like throwing at a sibling! We're probably the only ones that actually give a flip of how out of date, or noncurrent they are attired! :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 15:09:33 »
But don't we count?  :(
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 15:20:57 »
I don't think children, actually care how Klicky's are dressed. Tacky is not a concern for a play figure, just if they can use it for other purposes, like throwing at a sibling! We're probably the only ones that actually give a flip of how out of date, or noncurrent they are attired! :lol:

I do not quite agree with this. Having watched three boys play with most everything they seldom fight over these tacky klickies. My wife has to teach them how to pick out clothes that are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. From this they are becoming aware of style and what not to combine, such as a plaid shirt with corduroy pants. Also why would Geobra go to such lengths to make good looking prints & color combinations if it did not matter.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 15:30:52 »
I have had the same experience as Ras. My 4yo seldomly asks to "be" a few particular klickies, like the one with beards or the ones with screaming colors (these he say that are dressed in woman's clothes).
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 00:01:43 »
Because the mistook San Francisco as part of Planet Earth, and Portland as part of the US.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 00:19:54 »
I do not quite agree with this. Having watched three boys play with most everything they seldom fight over these tacky klickies. My wife has to teach them how to pick out clothes that are aesthetically pleasing to the eye. From this they are becoming aware of style and what not to combine, such as a plaid shirt with corduroy pants. Also why would Geobra go to such lengths to make good looking prints & color combinations if it did not matter.

If it such a concern of children, then why do they do such bad creations like we're discussing? :hmm:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!