Author Topic: Empire Castle Assault  (Read 11999 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Empire Castle Assault
« on: May 05, 2006, 01:47:33 »
Merboy got the Empire Castle (3268) for his birthday, as well as some additional Lion knights that came with the Treasure Cart (3314). Unable to stand idly by and watch the Lion knights become stronger, my Wolf Clan, led by Duke Wulfgrim, and their allies the Dragon Clan, joined forces to assault the castle. Unbeknownst to the clans, the Barbarians had allied themselves with the Lion Knights.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:00:04 by Captain Henry »
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Empire Castle Assault
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:50:30 »
In addition to the defenders, the Shadow Dragon sailed in with a load of fighting big cats - lions, tigers, panthers, etc. - the perfect opposition to the Wolf Clan's pack of wild wolves. And to complicate things, Sirena appeared commanding a group of Vikings - would they assist the beleaguered defenders, or join in the assault?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:00:50 by Captain Henry »
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 01:54:44 »
Accompanying the Vikings were a trio of serpent riders! The defenders bravely looked out at the advancing horde... I will spare you the gory photos of the battle's aftermath, this is after all a board for families... ;) Suffice to say the Vikings kidnapped the Lion queen, sold her back for ransom, joined the Lions against the clans, and at the end of the day, had control of the castle as the Lions, barbarians and clans slaughtered each other upon the field of battle. End result: Sirena, and to a lesser extent Merboy, were victorious, Captain Henry was forced to retire to lick his wounds and prepare for the next battle, because oh yes my friends, there WILL be another battle! :D

So I have also added some detail shots of my forces to show some of the custom leaders and troopers I have come up with. First a general view of the Dragon Clan, and a detail of the archers behind their pavises.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:02:00 by Captain Henry »

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:57:13 »
Now a photo of the Dragon warchief Hrothgar, and his trusty lieutenant Sveinn. Following that is a photo of Duke Wulfgrim, right, leader of the clan alliance, and his son and heir, Utgar. Then, Wulfgrim's warlords - the chief among them being Euric.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:02:52 by Captain Henry »

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 01:59:28 »
Lastly, the wolf priests of the clan, who lead the fierce wolf packs into battle. Each priest, when he is accepted into the service of the clan, is joined with a wolf that becomes his protector and friend. In fact, there are legends that tell of some wolf priests actually becoming wolves in battle! ;)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 22:26:23 »
I love photos from great battles, just like this one! Thanks for posting  ;D

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 01:49:23 »
Hello, Cap'n Henry ...

Why do I keep muttering the word "Warhammer" to myself ... ;)

Empire ... Hmmmm, Empire. I've heard that word before ... :)

Let's see ... GW stands for something in addition to Garden Wargaming ...  ::)

I'm sure that I'll think of it later ...  :lol:

All the best,
Richard

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 02:35:31 »
Why do I keep muttering the word "Warhammer" to myself ... ;)

LOL! Actually the "Empire" comes from Playmobil's own name for the 3268 new large castle: Knights Empire Castle!

But there is a definite Warhammer connection anyway! My favorite troops were always the Middenheimers, and the Knights of the White Wolf. When GW (the other one ;)) came out with their game Mordheim, I created a Wolf Priest character for the game. So when Playmobil came out with the Wolf Clan Knights I KNEW I had to get many of them, and eventually I found a way to recreate the Wolf Priests from my Mordheim days...

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 03:25:41 »
Ah ... Now I remember ... :lol:

Seriously, it would appear that some of the folks over at Zirndorf have also been influenced by some of the folks over at Nottingham ... ;)

It seems that my dreams of having a Playmobil Warhammer army may be finally coming true! ...  <:>

My favourites have always been (not necessarily in order) Bretonia. Empire, Dwarfs, High Elves and Lizardmen ... :)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 05:24:58 »
It seems that my dreams of having a Playmobil Warhammer army may be finally coming true! ...  <:>

To me, that was the beauty of Mordheim - it is a skirmish game so you do not need hundreds of figures, just about 8 or so per side. It would be relatively simple to make a Playmobil warband for Mordheim... hmmmmm....

My favourites have always been (not necessarily in order) Bretonia. Empire, Dwarfs, High Elves and Lizardmen ... :)

With me it's Dwarves, Empire, Orcs, Bretonnia (and yes, in that order)... :)