Author Topic: hats empire of malone customised and painted by me  (Read 6889 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: hats empire of malone customised and painted by me
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 00:02:36 »
They look beautiful! Very nice job!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 00:34:53 »
very cool!

did you paint the details on the torso and hat of the figure in the middle?

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/240/tgtgtg7.jpg
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2011, 02:51:04 »
very cool!

did you paint the details on the torso and hat of the figure in the middle?

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/240/tgtgtg7.jpg

I believe that the torso designs were done by Cooster, and they were printed on.
As for the hat, that is 100% Playmobil.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 06:10:00 »
Excellent!!!!  :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 11:08:27 »
thanks for the commentary !

theses body are tampongraphies (not painting ) : same technique used by playmobil , they are made in imprimerie by cooster and albator and i buy it , sure it's a beautifull job they do ! (the hat in the middle is a pirate hat )

i think this technique is better than stickers (when it well done : some have ink who don't stay ) because they won't be yellow like a sticker will be in few years and of course they are near playmobil parts and an industrial imprimery looks clean than a painting . (or you will have to be a great painter !!)

The problem with tampongraphie is : you must pay each color so many colors = big cost ; a tampon (the "master") cost more than 60E so you had to make thousand to have a body who will cost you 1,2E for 2 colors (aproximativelly) so if you're not a huge collector with many money , you will have to sell some (and of course tell your customers it's not playmobils parts) Finding bodys and arm is not easy too !!

I try to find another way to use all the color i want and to put mat cote on in time , you will see that in a few month , with that i will be able to do model for me .   

to answer another question (i don't remember where i read it !!) the resine is photosensible : sun destroy the resine , that's why all my parts are finished with mat cote , i know they look bright but i like that (question of taste )

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 01:19:57 »
thanks Gaspodfreud and very interesting & informative, and trying to achieve almost 'factory-produced' quality  :)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 05:54:08 »
So are these actually made in a big tampography machine? or in hand? A tampography machine must be really expensive...

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 13:31:33 »
CHENG : sorry i'm not sure to understand that : "trying to achieve almost 'factory-produced' quality"

WOLF NIGHT : sure a machine must cost a lot of money ! only a professional imprimery can do that ! that's why people who do that need to "print" a thousand minimum to have cheap cost .   

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 01:17:22 »
CHENG : sorry i'm not sure to understand that : "trying to achieve almost 'factory-produced' quality"

sorry, Gaspodfreud,
I've always tried to keep my spraying/stickers as near as possible to "factory-produced" appearance(as if they were made in Geobra's factory using their expensive inking machines and ink) ,of course its difficult, using our "layman" materials and tools but thats the challenge and standard I try to reach/maintain ;)

Offline gaspodfreud

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 12:28:20 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us