Author Topic: Discontinued Playmobil sets for sale at discounted prices (Canada)  (Read 17958 times)

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Discontinued Playmobil sets for sale at discounted prices (Canada)
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 22:11:31 »
Not that it matters much these days but the prices are in Canadian dollars.  Bonniebeth, compared to shipping rates in the US, shipping for Canadian companies is outrageous.   I ordered 9 Roman legionnaires from Playmobil Canada nd paid 15$ shipping, shipping for PM US is a third of the price.  It is so much cheaper I use PM USA and ship to friends and family in the US.

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 22:32:58 »
I ordered from PlayValue.com this past November with no problems and great shipping price and my order arrived within 24hours! I actually started a Thread about this place back in the Fall....I keep my eye on this place as well!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 22:42:12 »
I've heard from them and as the items I'm wanting are small they're willing to ship them to me but have warned that the Canadian shipping costs are high.  I need to convert them to £s before I make up my mind.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Christina

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 22:45:34 »
Shipping to the West Coast of Canada is pretty high too, but that's Canada Post for you.  I played around with their site earlier this month and it seems to go up in increments based on $ value of your order.  If you're ordering a larger set, you may be able to add in some smaller ones with no increase in shipping, at least that seemed to be how it worked for me.

Looking at the discontinued church/wedding stuff there, I'm wondering if Playmobil's kicking themselves for discontinuing it just before the upcoming royal wedding in England.  Also, I may need a piano.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 23:41:32 »
I found this store previously via an internet search and was very disappointed to see they didnt ship beyond the US. Canadian shipping to overseas is REALLY expensive.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 01:39:18 »
Is this dollar amount Canadian or USD? ???

The dollar amount is in Canadian - it is a Canadian shop - so it will be more money in the USA as the american dollar is worth less than the Canadian dollar.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 01:43:35 »
Hello,

Playmobil's head office in Canada moved from Toronto to Missauga as such they emptied out their warehouses, as such they have sent a lot of their older stock found to various shops in Canada.
My local Toyshop (www.playvaluetoys.com) has received a lot of interesting older sets.  The prices are lowered too, I have been checking the store each day (both in person and online) and they seem to be getting quite a few great items in.  I don't know their shipping costs but it's a great store and I figured if people were looking for slightly older harder to find items it might be here and at a good price. 

Playmobil always sends its discontinued stock to Playvalue.  They have some type of cooperating agreement. 

The shipping is expensive.  You can easily spend more money by waiting for the stock to be discontinued and sent to Playvalue than by buying it from Playmobil.ca and getting free shipping.

Now, if a person lived by the store, then it would be a different story as you wouldn't have to pay shipping.

Many (most?) of these items were available at Winners this fall for a lot cheaper than Playvalue sells them for.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 02:36:27 »
The prices Canadian versus USA dollars is under a $1.00 additional, but the prices are a little on the high side to start, then add shipping,..... :o 1 CAD = USD 1.00365
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 04:31:26 »
The prices Canadian versus USA dollars is under a $1.00 additional, but the prices are a little on the high side to start, then add shipping,..... :o 1 CAD = USD 1.00365

1.00 CAD = 1.00428 USD 
Canada Dollars    United States Dollars 
1 CAD = 1.00428 USD   1 USD = 0.995736 CAD

Yes, I would have to say that your shocked mouth 'emoticon' hits the nail on the head - the prices are high.  They may be about 30% cheaper than Playmobil.ca prices, but they are still high.  (Canadians check Playmobil.com usa for prices, then check our dollar to theirs then sit back and think about it - kind of like the magazine and book pricing conspiracy which puts books at a lot more in Canada than the usa but yet our dollar is higher ...). 

Maybe we should be boycotting Playmobil until they drop the prices.  And while boycotting make it quite clear that we won't accept prices higher than the USA and contact the media about it - the press loves a sensational story and I am sure Playmobil would hate any bad press.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 17:08:09 »
1.00 CAD = 1.00428 USD 
Canada Dollars    United States Dollars 
1 CAD = 1.00428 USD   1 USD = 0.995736 CAD

Maybe we should be boycotting Playmobil until they drop the prices.  And while boycotting make it quite clear that we won't accept prices higher than the USA and contact the media about it - the press loves a sensational story and I am sure Playmobil would hate any bad press.

The currency ratio is changing so rapidly almost minute to minute! Playmobil has a MSRP, but doesn't care about higher prices, just if a dealer is selling too cheap with discounts & gets complaints from other dealers, like what happened years ago to Ridge Road Station.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!