Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62605 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Re: News 2011
« Reply #490 on: May 14, 2011, 14:11:00 »
It's a few years old...I think it was only a TRU/Target exclusive.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #491 on: May 14, 2011, 14:19:14 »
Isn't it a pretty old set? ???

yes but a certain place that is rumored to be closing down or changing owners has a ton of these older sets left over...  :crossed:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 14:31:17 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #492 on: May 14, 2011, 14:23:43 »
Thank you tim but twhat's the difference between 2nd and 3rd?  ???

The third - in the photo with the white one - is hard plastic like an old style horse, not soft rubbery the way the newer ones are. To tell at a glance look at the dorsal (top) fin, it has more of a curl on the hard plastic version.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #493 on: May 14, 2011, 14:33:40 »
I often wonder about the soft versus hard plastic's used. It must be a safety standard issue. I know I would hate to step on a hard dorsal fin that was erect. Any newer item that has a sharp point is now made out of soft material
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #494 on: May 14, 2011, 14:51:19 »
The third - in the photo with the white one - is hard plastic like an old style horse, not soft rubbery the way the newer ones are. To tell at a glance look at the dorsal (top) fin, it has more of a curl on the hard plastic version.

Great tim Thanx! I did notice the dorsal but I just thought that as they were rubbery the curl was just an accident from being crash down by some other playmo  :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #495 on: May 14, 2011, 18:18:32 »
I often wonder about the soft versus hard plastic's used. It must be a safety standard issue. I know I would hate to step on a hard dorsal fin that was erect. Any newer item that has a sharp point is now made out of soft material

I've noticed that too, with flamingos, etc, all soft plastic and i wonder if that would be a problem when it comes to re-releasing the wildebeest?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #496 on: May 14, 2011, 19:27:09 »
I've noticed that too, with flamingos, etc, all soft plastic and i wonder if that would be a problem when it comes to re-releasing the wildebeest?

are they going to be re-released? ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #497 on: May 14, 2011, 19:30:11 »
I'm only wishing. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #498 on: May 14, 2011, 19:48:37 »
I'm only wishing. ;D

ahhh, i was starting to get excited!! ;D :-\ ;D
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline dragonlovestoys

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #499 on: May 19, 2011, 22:56:31 »
I am dying to see more about the new Pirate releases and everything else as well...
I thought I would have a nice little collection of Pirates, hmmmm, I may need more room. LOL
I am not too old to play with toys!