Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62643 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: News 2011
« Reply #430 on: February 08, 2011, 15:19:33 »
View of the below-deck gun-mouths...

this picture was posted on "Klickywelt" by "Visual1971"
(who went to the Toyfair and took the picture)

I can't wait to get this ship and see what those guns are like... ???
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2011, 17:51:37 »
2nd picture:

This one shows the bow of the 5135-ship.

It is clear that the opening in the front-deck, to access the front guns on the 3940/3286, has been covered on the 5135.
If the cover is removable, or if it is fixed and part of the deckmould, is not known.

A Playmobil-employee at the Toyfair has confirmed the guns below deck are "fakes".

This picture was posted on "Klickywelt" by member "quetzalcoatl"
(who went to the Toyfair and took the picture)

Wow!  I was actually hoping two things (which I already modded on my Black Pearl:

cover the forward deck hole....check!
make fake cannon ports so that you save on extra weight so the ship is more stable.....check!

Hopefully the faux cannon ports are also more sealed, so water doesnt get in there!

I may have to swap out the bottom hull of my black pearl for the new hull if this is the case!  I like real cannons, but it's not practical for real sailing, from my experience :)
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2011, 19:34:52 »
Sorry but me really i dont like these fake cannons ...  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2011, 21:29:12 »
Enlarged shot from the pics in the "Neuheiten 2011 PDF-Katalog"...

Seems something surrounds the "gun-mouths" and covers off the open space in the gunports, so no water should enter the hull when used in the tub or the pool... Maybe these "as-if cannons" can be (un)plugged into the gunports.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2011, 21:40:54 »
Enlarged shot from the pics in the "Neuheiten 2011 PDF-Katalog"...

Seems something surrounds the "gun-mouths" and covers off the open space in the gunports, so no water should enter the hull when used in the tub or the pool... Maybe these "as-if cannons" can be (un)plugged into the gunports.

Very good observation actually. I dont see the point of all this , the previous war galleon with the 8 cannons was the best shp by far playmobil has ever made !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #435 on: February 09, 2011, 05:13:14 »
Very good observation actually. I dont see the point of all this , the previous war galleon with the 8 cannons was the best shp by far playmobil has ever made !!!!

I've actually modded my 3286 to have these plugs around the cannon tips on purpose.... the 3286 is HIGHLY prone to sinking with just the slightest wave as the cannon ports are way too close to the waterline and can take on water easily.

With the plugs in place, the ship can take more than a slight broadside wave and still keep afloat.  Not to mention,. the reduction in ship weight (without having to have 8 full cannons) adds to better stability.

I'm impressed with these changes because they're EXACTLY what I was trying to do with the original 3286, which leads me to believe Playmobil didn't simply redesign this ship for aesthetics....I think they redesigned it for improved seaworthyness.  Which means they put a lot of practical thought into it.  Had I a voice on Playmobil's redesign team, I couldn't have done a better job myself...they covered all the bases, including the open hatch at the ships bow!  (I had to custom make my cover).  I will definitely be buying this new mould.

Also, the new colours to me are similar to Black Beard colours....I wonder if this is in conjunction with the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, featuring BlackBeard's Queen Anne's Revenge ship.  I know Playmobil already released a BlackBeard ship, but this seems to be a much better stand in if you ask me.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2011, 08:46:55 »
Dear BlacPearl ,

I am sure you know much more about playmobil pirate ships but i will have to disagree on a couple of points, Captain  :)

I really havent noticed than much instability between the 3286 ( cannon galleon ) and the old 3550 ship. I bought my first 3550 in the late 70s or 1980 cant be sure and i remember the amount of klickies and where they stood in teh ship made all the difference in keeping it a bit steady . I have 3 x 2286 and i have opened one and actually some years ago gave it a go in a swimming pool . It was a nightmare but again i found the klickies would make quite a difference . Without them i cant see any huge difference between these two ships , is there in terms of balance and sea worthiness ?? Perhaps you know something more here of course .

I ddint notice water going through the water cannon holes on the 3286 apart from afew drops, perhaps the swimming pool was too quite at the time !!!  I wonder though and thats an intersting point if these new fake cannon 'seals' the black squares with the hole in teh middle can be retrofitted to the 3286, giving also much wanted ( in my opinion ) stability to the cannons themselves expecially when shooting !!! What do  you think captain  ??? ??? ??? ???

8-)

Offline berkwit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Chain of Dogs thrashfolk
« Reply #437 on: February 09, 2011, 11:53:39 »

These fake cannons save up a lot of money, as there aren't enough guns supplied with the ship and you have to order them seperately - which I did with the previous ship. But I don't mind not having to buy more guns; and I have enough guns on other ships to put them in if I need it for taking pics etc. Obviously I do hope they can easily be disassembled from the ship and aren't a fixed mold, but I think I'll survive that too.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #438 on: February 09, 2011, 13:50:10 »
guys just an innocent question...
why would we, adult collectors, want 12 real cannons when our big fat hands can hardly fit the lower deck to put them into place just like it is today???? not to mention having space to move our hands and actually make them shoot!!!
Beside that would mean the re-design of the whole ship to have real access there.... isn't this asking for too much?

IMO those fake cannons look great, and gives the ship the right look. I have enough problems with the 2 real ones that the 3940 has!  :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #439 on: February 09, 2011, 13:57:40 »
 :no: :no: tonquello, no senior  :no: :no:

I am afraid i have to completely disagree

These fake guns I hope are not the sign of things to come . Of course this is a personal opinion but i think its very wrong to start having fake things on sets . very very very wrong and going down the route of making far more simple and cheap toys. Just look at the new mediaval castles how  fewer sets they have and less customisation possibitions and the god sent steck.

I hope these ships do bad in the market nad they bring back the older cannons this time on a much bigger ship !!!! on double decks also  i.e 8 cannons per side and 3 masts please !!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D