Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62682 times)

Offline berkwit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Chain of Dogs thrashfolk
Re: News 2011
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2011, 07:55:10 »
I just saw these new klickies up close on klickywelt. An assortment of useless parts, don't you think? Mix and match? Unless you've always a ghost cook, or a boxing-gloved uncle Sam, or a top hatted executioner, there's little to get excited about, I'm afraid.

I think it's safe to say the imagination of most of us is strong enough to make very interesting combinations from these sets.  ;)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2011, 12:04:11 »
I just saw these new klickies up close on klickywelt. An assortment of useless parts, don't you think? Mix and match? Unless you've always a ghost cook, or a boxing-gloved uncle Sam, or a top hatted executioner, there's little to get excited about, I'm afraid.
I see no pic there....would you mind if you link some here? If it is allowed... :-\

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #402 on: February 07, 2011, 15:27:06 »
does anybody know what that burning tree in the big cave set (5100) is about?

Besides for scaring off the mammoth in the set, it probably also refers to the discovery of the use of fire by the human race.
It's generally assumed humans learned to use fire by examining something set aflame by nature.

Storm -> Lightningstrike -> burning tree -> general panic -> a clever one got interested -> observation -> examination -> use of fire

So they had fire when nature provided it, and once they weren't afraid anymore and learned about it's benefits (like heat), they tried to keep it burning for as long as possible.
Only later in (Stone Age-) history humans learned how to make fire themselves.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #403 on: February 07, 2011, 16:09:05 »
I see no pic there....would you mind if you link some here? If it is allowed... :-\

I get the impression they're a bit touchy about ppl posting their pictures here. Dont you have an account there?

I still think the parts are too boring to be mixed and matched to any satisfactory effect ... and even moreso if this new 'system' is not compatible with the older klickies (but I doubt it).
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #404 on: February 07, 2011, 18:17:43 »
Thanks for the replies about the burning tree, bonniebeth and hadoque... there is fire in most of the sets but this big tree with flames on it looks a bit odd.  And the tilting feature? Yes, probably to scare off sabre-tooth cats and mammoths!  I just thought that tilting fire tree was a bit odd.

David

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #405 on: February 07, 2011, 18:25:54 »
It does seem a bit odd, I have to admit.  :lol: I haven't seen too many trees with handles on them to make them easier to shake.  :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline BlueWizard

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #406 on: February 07, 2011, 18:55:11 »
I think I've figured it out...  they're having a Burning Tree Festival!  ;D

Or could be that it's a fire tree - you know it's winter solstice and time to light up the tree!

David

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #407 on: February 07, 2011, 19:13:49 »
From the novelties catalogue:
Die beliebtesten Steinzeittiere, wie die gigantischen Mammuts und gefährlichen Säbelzahntiger, halten die Höhlenmenschen und Knochenjäger bei ihrem lebenswichtigen Kampf ums Feuer in Atem.

The most popular stone age animals like the huge mammoths and the dangerous sabre tooth tigers keep the cave dwellers and the bone hunters occupied while they are struggling for vitally important fire.

I.e. this theme is meant about human ancestors and the importance of fire. As usual no opposing forces and actual conflicts.  ;)

@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #408 on: February 07, 2011, 19:32:11 »

I.e. this theme is meant about human ancestors and the importance of fire. As usual no opposing forces and actual conflicts.  ;)

How is this "usual" ? Playmobil make many "conflict" themes

Do they actually call the people on the rock "Cave Dwellers" and the people on the ground "bone hunters" ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #409 on: February 07, 2011, 19:46:11 »
For those who aren't registered at Klickywelt and can't see all the pics there, I'm trying to get permission from several members overthere - who went to the Nurenberg Toyfair and took pictures - to repost some of their pictures here.

Since it's a lot of work (sending pm's to several people to get permission, adapting the pics' formats, etc) I'm gonna stick to the Pirates' ship. Maybe someone else can do the other themes.

I've one pic to post here to start with.

From all pics available, this picture shows the best the real colours of the new pirateship 5135.
The deck's colour is probably a very similar brown to the deck of the old 3550/3750-ships. The window's from the captain's quarters at the stern seem to be yellow, not goldisch as on the 3940 (US 3286).
The ornament at the bow is red instead of goldish as on the 3940, the achor-wheel and the ship's wheel are also red.
The hull is probably very darkgrey, or darkbrown.

Posted on "Klickywelt" by member "Rocky Mountain":
(who went to the Toyfair and took the picture)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 20:25:15 by hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!