Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62609 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: News 2011
« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2011, 19:29:15 »
I think they're still timeless! They're pirates. Kids have been fascinated by pirates for generations. But their perception of what pirates should look like is somewhat based on movies, since most of us have never seen real pirates. Our ideas of what they should look like were shaped my the movies we watched and the picture books we read, too, which are probably only loosely based on reality.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2011, 20:31:04 »
Wow,
Lovely new sets. I've been out of the loop for a couple of months but I like what they are producing!
The caveman sets are just timeless, I hope they really do well! (I'll probably get some)
The boat theme is also great but due to the fact that I'm a train boy ,I'll probably only get the café set for my city.

I love the new fairy castle, the design is just awesome! I only which they toned down the colors a bit so I could buy on as well :love:. Imagine this building in grey with a black or red roof. I think most of us would buy it in an instant. Those pegasi are horrible (to much like Barbie and other crappy Mattel products, who are usually discontinued within a couple of months of release.)

I love the look of the space stuff but it is not my bag, so I won't buy.

The car theme is to chaffy/redneck for me.

:wave:

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2011, 21:27:13 »
I think they're still timeless! They're pirates. Kids have been fascinated by pirates for generations. But their perception of what pirates should look like is somewhat based on movies, since most of us have never seen real pirates. Our ideas of what they should look like were shaped my the movies we watched and the picture books we read, too, which are probably only loosely based on reality.

Actually, movie pirates are based upon the pirates in Robert Louis Stevenson's book, Treasure Island, and how he portrayed them.

His book has been the greatest inspiration on public perception of pirates of all literature.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:03 »

I love the new fairy castle, the design is just awesome! I only which they toned down the colors a bit so I could buy on as well :love:. Imagine this building in grey with a black or red roof. I think most of us would buy it in an instant.

A little paint will fix it up nicely! 

Actually, movie pirates are based upon the pirates in Robert Louis Stevenson's book, Treasure Island, and how he portrayed them.

His book has been the greatest inspiration on public perception of pirates of all literature.

I agree! I love treasure island.  :)9
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tillmobil

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2011, 13:39:17 »
http://www.playmobil.com/pdf/D_KAT_1_2011.pdf
new german catalogue
look at page 2: new collecting figures series :love:

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2011, 14:10:07 »
That Samurai is excellent !!!
  Fire and Axe

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2011, 14:33:58 »
LOTS of stuff are going in my Must Buy list!  :love:
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2011, 14:44:42 »
http://www.playmobil.com/pdf/D_KAT_1_2011.pdf
new german catalogue
look at page 2: new collecting figures series :love:

yes, what is that? someone can translate???   :hmm: :hmm:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2011, 14:45:51 »
I can't even get it to load!  :(

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2011, 15:14:50 »
According to Google Translate it says:

"The 12 figures for boys and girls for assembling, collecting and mixing."