Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62587 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: News 2011
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2011, 19:00:00 »
No wonder the mammoths went extinct if they couldn't move their legs!

I sure hope this is not some kind of cost cutting trend. First we had the building go to a more one-piece design (light house, rocks, the new Redcoat strong hold) and now an animal that is made in as few molds as possible. I wounder how heavy it is. The elephants are an animal that just feel so sturdy and substantial due to its size and weight. When you play with it you really feel like it is the most powerful in the land animal  category. If it weighed as much as a Zebra it would just not give the same impression .

The Mammoth corps sure will be a neat piece for dioramas of all kinds. I can see digging one of these out of the snow, bringing it back to the Lab (secret agents set) doing some DNA work and bringing one to life. Then having to protect the secret processes  from others. A whole spy ring.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2011, 19:02:09 »
it looks the same way the whale was made. and the whale, though huge,  is very light.   :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2011, 19:08:08 »
No wonder the mammoths went extinct if they couldn't move their legs!

:lol:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2011, 19:18:52 »
it looks the same way the whale was made. and the whale, though huge,  is very light.   :(

Oh yes the whale is unrealistically light. The shark feels or at least gives you the impression that it is heavier and therefore more powerful

That whale does not feel like the best representation for the high quality toy that I have come to expect from Playmobil. One that I can pass down to my Great Grand kids . I bet if you accidentally stepped on it it would easily crush  :'(
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2011, 20:02:42 »
The new saber toothed cat and the cave bear both have legs that move. I think the mammoth being solid is because of the thickness of the legs making the body have to be unrealistically thin in order to allow movement.

Offline peetje

• Playmo Lover
  • peetje
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2011, 21:24:10 »
Super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8} 8}
I like the new animals. ;D
The farm have a lot of detail.
Very cool.
Love animals.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2011, 14:08:08 »
Im not a fan of PM animals with moveable parts - especially limbs. The neck joint you get on horses is just about enough for me - other than that I find pretty needless and harms the sculpt.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2011, 15:43:21 »
thank you to everyone for all of the efforts to share the new catalogue.  i really like the ferry boat series, the cafe, and waterfront with the viewing telescopes, and the fishing boat in the background, i was thinking it would work well for a sf waterfront scene.  they are definitely on my wish list.  i think it is interesting that the future world has an organic component with the plant columns, nice touch.  it is always so hard to wait for the sets to come here to the states.  sigh.
kaethe

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2011, 16:18:44 »
Let's talk about 2012 now!  :lol: :lol:

Seeing where this is leading, I think the next step is mediterranean looking houses. An Italian villa.... maybe even colonial mexican for the western theme..... mmmm
I think the agents and the futuristic themes will develope also.

...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2011, 18:58:36 »
Let's talk about 2012 now!  :lol: :lol:

Seeing where this is leading, I think the next step is mediterranean looking houses. An Italian villa.... maybe even colonial mexican for the western theme..... mmmm
I think the agents and the futuristic themes will develope also.

I really hope Playmobil goes back to developing their themes.

It seems like they have just been deleting them.  I am not sure I can think of a theme they have added to lately.  I can think of many they have taken from and many they have just replaced.