Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62551 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: News 2011
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2011, 03:53:59 »
Well if the cars are RC with some kind of laser game and the green house has a working solar panel I would imagine these are not going to be low priced sets.

I guess the western theme is so bare bones is due to the very low price that they are going to be offered at. I would have liked accessories like jackets and such. The old oil cloth style trench coats would be great.

The only disappointment in the great stone age sets is the one piece mold for the woolly mammoths body. They look great and have a nice scale to them its just we will not be able to pose them differently or have them stepping on people

I too was impressed with the new multi colored fire. I sure can use a lot of these for dioramas in all themes

Like always there are many great sets and parts.  <:>
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2011, 04:04:43 »
Yeah, the new fire might be good for setting the modern house on fire so the fire department can come put it out.  :yup:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2011, 06:43:49 »
thanks for sharing these pics/links/comments everyone!!

How could they print the crossbelt on the redcoats instead of using plastic parts?? ...

we all know this is the direction GB is heading for the sake of keeping costs down  :(
...I recently lamented that these printing are usually only in front so maybe we'll see a bareback redcoat  :lol: or a printed back with half completed 'X' belts?   ;D hope they bother to print the splits/(turncoats?) or we will be looking at playmo-sized Lego ;)

what I'll have to do is buy those redcoats without the printed 'X' belts and cannabalise these from the old redcoats...is so unfair...now I daren't wish for new greencoats  :'(

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2011, 13:40:20 »
Hey Ras, yes the one piece mammoth body is a little dissappointing.  I guess their legs are too chunky and/or too expensive to articulate. 

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2011, 14:19:18 »
Really nice that they share the catalogue as pdf-file so we can take a closer look on what will come.

I'm really excited about the new animals. The hammerhead-shark and the blue-footed booby are awesome and i also like the new pigs and birds at the farm theme.

Hopefully the snake at the pirate-island is really yellow and not light green, that would be cool too. (Oh yeah, again more parrots and no bats...*sniff* )

Furthermore there are lots of single pieces in different themes that would be nice to have like the sundial from the pink castle, the bamboo (you were right bonniebeth ;) ), milking machine, silo, the redlight in the barn, etc.

The stoneage theme is so nice that i'm really thinking about how a small natural historical museum (stoneage and dinosaurs) would fit at my zoo  8}

And even if its not my theme...i love the MECH...oh how i would like to be a kid again and have a dozen of them to start a MECH-war in the garden...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2011, 14:28:48 »

The stoneage theme is so nice that i'm really thinking about how a small natural historical museum (stoneage and dinosaurs) would fit at my zoo  8}

:yup: Definitely a great idea! I was already going to have a dino museum like the one at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans; these will make it better! Or I may have a wooly mammoth statue or skeleton (did you notice there's a skeleton that detaches from one of the sets?) near my elephant exhibit for comparison.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2011, 16:07:15 »
the Future Base 5149 has been nominated for the ToyAward 2011 of the Nuremberg Toy Fair.
http://www.spielwarenmesse.de/aussteller/toyaward/nominierte-2011/#c44817
I tried to translate the text because it reveals a bit of how the theme is meant to be:

How will the future mankind live? Which impact has regenerative energy (e.g. from sunlight) today and which might it have tomorrow?  Playing with the E-Ranger Future Base run by Jack Genius and his team on an unknown planet children learn to set up an eco system - and how to handle regenerative energy and environment. 

(the set has a sun light collector that provides the energy for a fan.)
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2011, 16:20:48 »
the Future Base 5149 has been nominated for the ToyAward 2011 of the Nuremberg Toy Fair.
http://www.spielwarenmesse.de/aussteller/toyaward/nominierte-2011/#c44817
I tried to translate the text because it reveals a bit of how the theme is meant to be:

How will the future mankind live? Which impact has regenerative energy (e.g. from sunlight) today and which might it have tomorrow?  Playing with the E-Ranger Future Base run by Jack Genius and his team on an unknown planet children learn to set up an eco system - and how to handle regenerative energy and environment. 

(the set has a sun light collector that provides the energy for a fan.)

AWESOME!!! though that set is gonna cost a little fortune!  :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2011, 16:55:09 »
Just out of curiosity how did the set already get a nomination for best toy when the darn thing was just released in the news. It has not even hit the market or been played with by any real world kids (like ourself's) 

Thanks for the link and translation. I am really glad Playmobil is giving kids toys that teach such subjects for the future. A toy with a working solar panel how creative is that. I just do not know why it always has to have bad/good element to everything. Its hard to get to a future if we all "war" all the time.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2011, 18:15:15 »
No wonder the mammoths went extinct if they couldn't move their legs!