Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62519 times)

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: News 2011
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2011, 09:23:04 »
I'm also annoyed by the constant bickering on the German forum, this nonsense about sharing their pictures is just one of many examples. If you can read German, take a look at the responses in that "neuheiten 2011"-thread, half the people is only moaning about all the stuff they don't like and whining about how Playmobil used to be so much better in the good old 1920's or something. It also shuts down every half year or so. Enough reasons for me no to post there, even though my German is quite decent.
Though I am German I must confess I am tired of this constant complaining, too. However, isn't it rather a general habbit of the human species to complain about what they don't have? Not only the krauts/ moffen do that. The novelties are well done with lots of attention to detail, some of them do not reflect my personal taste or expectations but that is the point - if I dream about a huge new faiy tale castle with staterooms and horse stable I can only be disappointed.
Cheers
Michael

Offline berkwit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Chain of Dogs thrashfolk
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2011, 10:00:48 »
True. There's a lot of the new stuff that I don't like, but in my opinion that's a good thing as it means I have to spread my budget less over different themes. And I'm extremely happy with the cavemen, I will buy all of the sets and maybe collect a small herd of mammoths and a pride of sabretooths. I already have an idea of using stuff from the arctic dinosaur sets to create an ice age diorama.  8-) (Apparently the lack of "big trees" was also a problem for some of the critics of that theme... I don't think you need a lot of them on the tundra.  :))

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2011, 10:18:25 »
There will never be a year that will satisfy all us all etc. New sets means progress in general and there are always older ones on ebay ( what a great contributor to building playmo collections this has been !!! )
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2011, 11:14:57 »
:lens: concentrating on small details (and on pirates) i think i see 3 new "novelties" on the 5137 piraten ruderboot mitt hammerhai:
- it's the first time a cannon is installed in a small boat  :love:;
- it's the first time a HAMMERHEAD SHARK appears - at least i can't find one at playmodb or animobil (as zookeeper noticed previously)  :).
- it's the first time an african "native" is mixed in the pirate theme (as ds dad noticed previously).  :)
although this is a small set i think it's the one i prefer from all the new pirate releases.
the new sailing small redcoat shooner also looks great but i am kind of disappointed with the lack of "real" grey-shirts-white-trousers-black-hats sailors  :'(.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2011, 11:16:27 »
Hiya Primus! :wave:
Why don't you introduce yourself in the Welcome boards?

I have a question... I have seen that avatar in a few other forums...
Are you in any gaming forums, like Mount&Blade forum?
Or TotalWar forum? :)

Hey WOT!
No, the avatar I use on other forums but not on those you cited. It's something to represent one of my passions  :wave:.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2011, 11:44:28 »
AWESOME...would love to see some clearer pics!

I love the cavemen theme the best!! Animals and cool headwear!!! As well as their torch!! This is one theme we cant miss and it is good to play with and educative ! And the pirates are cool too. I need some better quality pics to comment though! It is a great comeback of playmobil. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2011, 11:56:34 »
How could they print the crossbelt on the redcoats instead of using plastic parts?? This is not acceptable. They have good design and better colour scheme this year, why not make it more perfect with plastic parts? :'(

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2011, 11:59:19 »
I dont think that's an AFRICAN native - Caribbean, maybe?

Though African ppl make the best pirates: just look at the Somalis  ::)

I agree with Heronimus re the belts. Ive already said it about the new cowboys. There's way too much printing going on. Id rather they gave us less cannons and more klicky-wear accessories.

"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline berkwit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Chain of Dogs thrashfolk
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2011, 12:08:09 »
He looks more Polynesian/Maori to me, with the tattoos. But with this klicky and the hammerhead it is definitely a great little set.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:29:46 by berkwit »

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2011, 12:12:32 »
I dont think that's an AFRICAN native - Caribbean, maybe?

Though African ppl make the best pirates: just look at the Somalis  ::)

I agree with Heronimus re the belts. Ive already said it about the new cowboys. There's way too much printing going on. Id rather they gave us less cannons and more klicky-wear accessories.

Thanks. You know, with all the advanced technology, they should make the klicky "items' more tangible by using real touchable parts. I really have no love to these printing garments. I would say the worst print-on pioneer is the red Victorian lady from easter eggs. The printing just ruined a nice figure. Overall, however, I would still give a "like' to 2011 playmobil!!!!!! LOVE THEM ALL......cavemen cavemen hurray!!!