Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62573 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: News 2011
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2011, 21:07:58 »
I haven't asked (yet) for permission to post pics here, but there are additional images on Klickywelt of the "Advent Kalenders" for 2011.

There'll be 3 of them:

1. Faulty Towers - theme
2. Pirates
(just re-use of old parts; a pirate that looks like assembled from pirate-parts from 10 years ago, the Ghost-captain from the Ghostship, a cannon, a palmtree, and a few other small thingies ...)
3. Advertised as "surprise", so we know nothing yet. Maybe...Western or Stone Age?

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2011, 21:18:47 »
Ah, more drama from playmo-fans...   ::) :(
I guess I really don't understand the issue, but whatever.
All I know is I don't get gaze at those sweet sweet cave-folk.   :'(

Cheers!
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2011, 21:31:55 »
Blue-footed booby (in the front part of the big pirate island set) now that's a nice rare animal for the zoo collectors. What do you think - are there 2 colors of adult mammoth or is it just the lighting/picture?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2011, 21:47:07 »
My anxiety is very high at the moment in anticipation for all these sets to become available... Very anxious to see them produced!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2011, 23:07:14 »
Blue-footed booby (in the front part of the big pirate island set) now that's a nice rare animal for the zoo collectors. What do you think - are there 2 colors of adult mammoth or is it just the lighting/picture?

You think it's a blue-footed booby?  :o That would be fantastic! It's hard to tell from the pic, though.

I do think it's two different colors of mammoths, gray and reddish brown.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline ZooKeeper

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2011, 23:11:15 »
@Tierman: I'm quite sure that there are two different colours for male (cave-set) and female. That would mean the baby-mammoth is a girl  ;)

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2011, 23:31:57 »
I guess I really don't understand the issue, but whatever.
All I know is I don't get gaze at those sweet sweet cave-folk.   :'(

Cheers!
Seems kinda silly to me too Coyote.  Aren't we all fans?  I mean we ain't  talkin' state secrets here.  They're only new 3 inch plastic toys.  Oh well, I am grateful that somebody has them, just wish sharing them wasn't such a drama.   ::)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2011, 00:21:03 »

isn't that childish? I know what limits of respect are, but I find that attitude absolutely ridiculous - I've seen pictures of mine posted on other forums (even without proper credit given) and have never made a deal out of it (except for the ocassion we talked about an ebay seller 'profiting' on some pictures sold in a CD, one of mine being there - and didn't even report him). And those were real pictures of stuff/dioramas set up by myself, not pics of a catalog we all are going to get to have on our hands some day. ::)

I don't intend to offend anyone with my comments above, but seriously...it's just photos of a catalog/paper, we're not making copies of Mona Lisa...

In reference to the 'other' forum getting upset about sharing pics~ I don't see why they would get upset, sharing is a good thing!  :love:

THANK YOU. Thank God there's still sharing and mature people in the world ;) :lol:...anyway I'm not going to make this deal any bigger by continuing to talk about the subject, whoever is upset that is their problem, not mine. Besides, making this bigger would turn off the joy of seeing new sets coming this year (most of which I don't even like and won't have access to until 2012 lol).

Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2011, 00:24:34 »
anyway I'm not going to make this deal any bigger by continuing to talk about the subject, whoever is upset that is their problem, not mine. Besides, making this bigger would turn off the joy of seeing new sets coming this year

Well said, Luis. Let's move on.  :)9
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline racerx

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2011, 00:32:02 »
Without derailing the thread further, the issue may have been of bandwidth, if people were embedding the links on other forums without rehosting them.

That's caused issues on a few other forums I'm a member/moderator of.
Make a fast friend...adopt a greyhound