Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62531 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: News 2011
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2011, 19:48:12 »
If people think the dinosaur theme died a quick death (extinction) - I think they will be surprised how fast Playmobil pulls the plug on the cavemen.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's kind of neat and as a child I loved all pre-historic animals (still wonder why I never went into paleontology, some times) and I would have loved the animals - still would.  However, it won't last any longer than the wedding theme.

I don't know... if they come out with another Ice Age movie, the wooly mammoths and saber tooth may be a real hit!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2011, 19:50:46 »

This is because *I* posted on Playclicks the link shirona shared with us...that is NOT 'stealing' pictures, I only copy and pasted a link. I eventually did the same as Hadoque but using a photo-hosting website, but the German folks did not refer to those pictures but to the link to the German forum.

Setting a link is no problem.  ;)

Copy the pic and show it at another place without asking the photograph, I think this is not all right. It should be no problem to write a pm, asking if it is allright, to show the pic's in another forum. How you can see, Hadoque asked her, and she gives her okay.

It's not a question of justic, the point is, some person's won't show news pic's any longer, when they would be "stolen". So if we want to see in future, early such pic's, we should accept their point of view and ask first! :D

That's not my point, only the thing I was told, how they see it!  :wave:

That was the reason, why another member, who had very early pic's from news, stopped showing us. :'( He is always better informed than we.  :-\

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2011, 19:57:56 »
I can't stop looking at the pirate-ship pics, trying to find out more details.
I think the overall colour of the ship's deck must be a kind of yellow, hopefully not too bright...  Then a red bow-ornament, red steering wheel, etc... I really hope it will look ok and not kiddish...  :uhoh:

Also I keep being puzzled about the canons below deck. I've checked one of my 3940's equipped with the new canons (arrow-shooting ones), and they just fit below deck where the gunports are, but can't be fired, the hight below deck isn't enough.  ???

Perhaps there are some inner design changes with this new "3940"? Or oldstyle bullit-canons?
The canon-mouths surely won't be stickers or be printed on the hull I hope !?  :0

Well, the first thing I'm noticing is there are not enough red-coated captains!

The second thing is it seems pretty clear that the cannons that are below deck on the new 3940 are non-firing (you will see the picture shows the deck cannon as being able to fire only).  You will also note the barrel size and diameter.  They are of a larger calibre than the others and they are all at a very uniform length that is very very short.  Since there were sinking issues before with it I would think they would be addressed by adding false cannon fronts in so as to block off the water and it would cover all the complaints they got from parents on having to buy extra cannons as they did not come with enough to begin with.

they're not stickers or printed on, but they are very short in length with a black background so as to just give the appearance of depth.

I could be wrong about this, but from what I can see in the pictures, I am pretty sure that is what it is.

You will probably be able to take them out if you want to replace them with cannons like on the old ones, though.  I just can't see Playmobil changing the moulds - it would cost them too much (in their minds) and instead just come up with something to attach on -which is, of course, an entirely new mould and probably the same amount of money (or more) and just retooling the old one.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2011, 20:03:50 »
IMHO, when released in the UK in 2012, the Fairytale-Theme should be named the "Fawulty Towers"-theme... ;D
(inside European joke. And ps: don't mention the war)

I am delighted that Hadoque has the permission of the owner to show the pictures here.

That's confirmed through PM. Thanks "Streuner"!  ;)

There are more detailed pics showing up on Klickywelt, but from other posters. I can't ask everyone for permission...
So dear people from "Klickywelt", when you are a member here as well, please post your pics here too!  :wave:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2011, 20:05:18 »
IMHO, when released in the UK in 2012, the Fairytale-Theme should be named the "Fawulty Towers"-theme... ;D
(inside European joke. And ps: don't mention the war)

:lol: I got it! I love Fawlty Towers! Manuel!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2011, 20:10:19 »
Robots are old school. The newest trend now is androids  ;D.

Hiya Primus! :wave:
Why don't you introduce yourself in the Welcome boards?

I have a question... I have seen that avatar in a few other forums...
Are you in any gaming forums, like Mount&Blade forum?
Or TotalWar forum? :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2011, 20:12:38 »
I heard on Playclicks they're making a big deal about pictures taken from the German forum...

Playclicks is the Spanish forum, right?
They should have answered: "we know nothing, we're from Barcelona"  ;D

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2011, 20:30:04 »
I'm more and more convinced the ship's cannons below deck are fakes.

Geobra surely wouldn't include at least 6 cannons in the set, certainly not when they've decimated the number of crewmembers and accessories that come with the ship, and accessories in the other pirate-sets seem limited as well. Even weapons are barely sufficient, if the pics of the fronts of the boxes show the exact content.
And a source on Klickywelt says the ship would cost only 65 euro in Germany, whereas the previous 3940 & 4290 costed about 85 euro or more (close to 100 euro in Belgium)...

The second thing is it seems pretty clear that the cannons that are below deck on the new 3940 are non-firing (you will see the picture shows the deck cannon as being able to fire only).  You will also note the barrel size and diameter.  They are of a larger calibre than the others and they are all at a very uniform length that is very very short.  Since there were sinking issues before with it I would think they would be addressed by adding false cannon fronts in so as to block off the water and it would cover all the complaints they got from parents on having to buy extra cannons as they did not come with enough to begin with.

A kind of short "cannon-barrel-front" with a "sealed-off background", instead of real cannons, crossed my mind too. "Arizzo" on Klickywelt thinks the same.

Btw, such a method first crossed my mind when thinking about how to add a row of cannons on the sides of the previous ship, the 4290. But I found it too farfetched to start such a kind of customisation... Now a very similar method may actually be used on this "new 3940" (I think the new ship's set-number is 5135).

they're not stickers or printed on
You will probably be able to take them out if you want to replace them with cannons like on the old ones, though. 

I really hope so!

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2011, 20:59:21 »
 :thanks: thank you very Hadoque for posting the new pictures now I can also jump for joy at the new sets.
mmm what do I like best oooooooo so many goodies! :love:.

The cave man stuff looks great and I'd love some to go with my jungle and DINOSAUR sets -  I know they didn't exist together but I watched Doug McClure as a kid and if it's good enough for Jules Verne it's ok by me  :lol: :lol: I think this set will end up like the Eskimos, it will have a short life now but in a few years will become very collectable again.

New palace parts  :woohoo: :woohoo: looks very Arabian to me, I can see a bit of Sinbad going on here. Only thing is do you think it's system x? From the pics I'm worried it could be the new clip system like the pirate lighthouse, so not brillant for expansions  :-\

And last but not least Pirate islands, oh I must have the new super size one to go with my other large islands.... not that I've got the room for the original one but hay it's so cool.
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2011, 21:02:04 »
I'm more and more convinced the ship's cannons below deck are fakes.

I think so too.. long gone are the days of great playmo war galleons.. such a shame ..  :'( :'( :'( :'(
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: