Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62620 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: News 2011
« Reply #460 on: February 10, 2011, 14:38:43 »
That's for sure. I lie in bed at night thinking about redcoats I won't be able to get my hands on for 19 months. Does that make me weird?

No , no , nothing weird about this

Last night i am thinking in bed and during my semi sleep mode how to set up my steck and also what other klickies to buy to increase the city population ( currently soldiers: citizens = 5:1 ...  :lol: :lol:)

After that i was thinking how much i want to place an order for 300 redcoats ... Redcoats and pirate can be combined perfectly with steck castles only better as there will be ships and a port!!!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Need 300 redcoats ....   :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #461 on: February 10, 2011, 15:00:01 »
That's for sure. I lie in bed at night thinking about redcoats I won't be able to get my hands on for 19 months. Does that make me weird?

Nope, not weird at all! Not here, anyway!  :lol: I dream about playmobil and playmofriends all the time. Last night... well, I'll tell it in the radio show.  :)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #462 on: February 10, 2011, 16:13:01 »
Yeah right. Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Back to the new sets. Those cavepeople have really grown on me since I first saw them.  Thinking of grabbing some to add to the barbarian hordes the will one day face our Romans. . .

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #463 on: February 10, 2011, 19:30:24 »
Yeah right. Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Back to the new sets. Those cavepeople have really grown on me since I first saw them.  Thinking of grabbing some to add to the barbarian hordes the will one day face our Romans. . .

Good idea.. they will make the perfect arrow fodder  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #464 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:08 »
on the old 3286 the spars are the same colour as the gundeck (tan).

Which means they might be on the same sprue on the factory.

Just a guess.

The 5135 spars are black.  If it follows the same pattern, that means the gundeck will also be black.  THe surrounds around the faux cannon tips appear to be black.

So it is possible the faux cannon surrounds are NOT unpluggable, because they may actually be integrally moulded as PART OF THE GUNDECK. 

On the 3286 gundeck, there are pegs for the cannons to snap into place when they are sticking out of the port holes.  I can't imagine how those pegs would be sufficient enough (unchanged) to accommodate faux cannon plugs that are removeable.  I'm going to guess the faux cannon plugs are a new mold design incorporated into the gundeck in place of the pegs (why would it need pegs for cannons, when there are faux cannons to take a real cannon's place?)

That's my guess.

IF this is the case, what I would do is buy a spare 3286, and when ur playing on land just use the 3286 gundeck so you can use real cannons.  Then when you play in the water, switch it out with the 5135 gundeck so you dont have to worry about stability or taking on extra water. That's what I'm gonna do.  I'm also gonna repaint the ugly yellow window frames and the bowcrest.  I'm not a fan of the black spars either, though I could have used these on my Black Pearl Custom (I actually had to paint the tan spars black).

Anyway, yeah, I'm guessing the cannon plugs are not removeable.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2011, 04:44:27 »
The 5135 spars are black.  If it follows the same pattern, that means the gundeck will also be black.  THe surrounds around the faux cannon tips appear to be black.

To me, the 5135's hull, bowsprite, masts, spars and cargo-hatch seem darkbrown; same colour as the masts/spars/sprite of the 4290.
A darkbrown hull would also give some contrast with the black gunport-hatches.
The "faux gunmouths' surroundings" seem indeed black.

So it is possible the faux cannon surrounds are NOT unpluggable, because they may actually be integrally moulded as PART OF THE GUNDECK. 
On the 3286 gundeck, there are pegs for the cannons to snap into place when they are sticking out of the port holes.  I can't imagine how those pegs would be sufficient enough (unchanged) to accommodate faux cannon plugs that are removeable.  I'm going to guess the faux cannon plugs are a new mold design incorporated into the gundeck in place of the pegs (why would it need pegs for cannons, when there are faux cannons to take a real cannon's place?)

I've been reflecting about those pegs that held the canons in place on the 3940/3286, and possible "faux gun"-plugs or not...
Instead of using the pegs near the floor of the gundeck, they could add 2 such or similar pegs to the inside of the hull; one peg on each side of a gunport. That could hold "plug-in faux gunmouths" well I think.
If the "faux guns" are unpluggable and would be part of the gundeck's mould now, then they would have to use more plastic in comparison to adding a few plugs to the inside of the hull. They would need to raise the height of the sides from the inner gundeck to the same height of the upperlevel of the gunports, almost over the whole ship's length. If they just would raise the hight of the gundeck-mould near the gunport positions to include the "faux guns", these "faux guns" would be quite "wobbly" I think, and then that wouldn't guarantee the sealing of the ports to keep water out (one major advantage of "faux guns").

Just my thought... ;)

I'm hoping for "plug-ins"; that would leave all options open and make everyone happy.
If you like them, you leave them on the ship. If you don't, you replace them with the proper guns.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #466 on: February 22, 2011, 07:00:24 »
I like the old-style safe that comes with the Western Take-Along set, but I'm not thrilled with the fake cannon on the new ship. :(
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #467 on: February 24, 2011, 03:49:06 »
How come I missed this thread? ::)
(Never too late :P )

The sets are on the Playmobil.De site already :inlove:

:wave:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #468 on: May 12, 2011, 15:48:13 »
Have you all noticed the hammerhead shark??

WOW that is awesome!!!!  :inlove:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #469 on: May 12, 2011, 15:53:31 »
Yes, it is awesome!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.