Author Topic: News 2011  (Read 62603 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: News 2011
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2011, 04:36:22 »
The sword is a welcome new introduction!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #221 on: January 30, 2011, 04:38:02 »
Looks stand-alone to me (you can see the shadows between it and the hair).

The jacket isn't red!  We need more red coated pirate captains!!!   ;D
and do you notice the printing on his coat is like STICKER!!!! Maybe this is their test klicky :hmm:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #222 on: January 30, 2011, 04:40:23 »
The sword is a welcome new introduction!
And I like the weapons from the prehistorical theme as well. Other than the axes, the spear head could be detached and used as a close combat weapon!!! I like how flexible it is and assemble what real human did and do

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #223 on: January 30, 2011, 06:22:57 »
Let's talk about 2012 now!  :lol: :lol:

Seeing where this is leading, I think the next step is mediterranean looking houses. An Italian villa.... maybe even colonial mexican for the western theme..... mmmm
I think the agents and the futuristic themes will develope also.

I'm hoping to create a Roman villa with the new Summer House and I'm hoping to use the upcoming Harbor Patrol and Harbor Cafe buildings as Roman market buildings.  I'd really like to see a Southwest oriented Western theme for 2012 too. :prays:
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2011, 14:40:46 »
Just out of curiosity how did the set already get a nomination for best toy when the darn thing was just released in the news. It has not even hit the market or been played with by any real world kids (like ourself's) 

Hi Ras,

The nomination is for best new 'green' toy at the 2011 Nuernberg Toy Fair, which starts next week. The nominations and awards (in several different categories) were chosen by the directors of  various toy manufacturers and, more importantly, toy retailers, as well as at least one researcher who works on 'what to kids buy and why'.

The awards in the different categories for 'best toy' are for those toys which get their 'premieres' at the Toy Fair. So like movies, there will be plenty of 'industry insiders' who will have seen the toys before they officially hit the markets. And it's those 'industry insiders' who pick the nominations and winners, not kids or their parents (or collectors like us).

I was trying hard to keep my cynicism in check writing this, and I don't think I've succeeded. Calling a spade a spade, so far as I can tell, these awards are really about 'which toys do the senior managers of major European toy retailers think have the best chance to sell the most (and therefore make the most money for them as retailers).' What you or I (as collectors) or children (as the people at whom the products are nominally targeted (it's really more their parents)) might think about them as toys (e.g., are they fun and interesting to play with) are secondary considerations at best.

Sorry. Got up on the grumpy side of the bed this morning...

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2011, 14:46:42 »
And here a detailed pic from one of the new pirates (comes from German media)...

So can we all now agree this is inspire in Pirates of the Caribean? So Playmo do take count of what's going on with movies.
Wonder what are they waiting to renew the magic theme??
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2011, 14:54:42 »
 :yup: I definitely agree. They'd be crazy not to make their pirates more POC-looking. Confusingly, though, the blue-footed booby is from the Galapagos islands in the Pacific, not from the Carribean. Maybe an attempt at not looking too much like they're copying POC?
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2011, 18:30:49 »
All the new pirates seem quite tanned, dont they?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2011, 19:04:32 »
Much more realistic IMO.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2011, 19:20:03 »
:yup: I definitely agree. They'd be crazy not to make their pirates more POC-looking. Confusingly, though, the blue-footed booby is from the Galapagos islands in the Pacific, not from the Carribean. Maybe an attempt at not looking too much like they're copying POC?

I think they'd be crazy not making their pirates timeless in appearance, not based upon some trend of the moment.