Author Topic: How many do you actually buy  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: How many do you actually buy
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 20:07:35 »
Hi

Thanks for the input everyone, some very interesting points of view  :wow:

PS: Danmobil, your comments about Playmobil Parts System are so true and a whole new can of worms. The direct service or DS is the department that also handles the "Add Ons" or items that come in bags like the new Victorian fence. Also I was once told by the department that if you try to order a part and it is indeed discontinued the request is stored in a database for future use. So from this I always keep known discontinued items in my email orders. Maybe Playmobil will use this info as a demand chart ?? I guess I should put the barrel on it as well ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 15:52:42 »
I am told the same story too. Maybe we should send them order of rare parts telling them how determined we are getting the discontinued items, such as the violin and cello set :wave:
Hi

Thanks for the input everyone, some very interesting points of view  :wow:

PS: Danmobil, your comments about Playmobil Parts System are so true and a whole new can of worms. The direct service or DS is the department that also handles the "Add Ons" or items that come in bags like the new Victorian fence. Also I was once told by the department that if you try to order a part and it is indeed discontinued the request is stored in a database for future use. So from this I always keep known discontinued items in my email orders. Maybe Playmobil will use this info as a demand chart ?? I guess I should put the barrel on it as well ;)

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 17:04:17 »
I am told the same story too. Maybe we should send them order of rare parts telling them how determined we are getting the discontinued items, such as the violin and cello set :wave:

Hi

As a business they certainly should. If they were getting 100 requests from people a week for a given part they would be foolish not to take notice. If this would ever equate to the part ever being produced is yet to be seen.

I do not know if it is some other issue but I have tried to order a certain train part for years and I kept getting the same answer "Discontinued" but I persisted . Then one day my order of 4 was granted and now I have them . Why this happened, I can only guess

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: