Author Topic: what would you like to see done?  (Read 53463 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: what would you like to see done?
« Reply #370 on: October 01, 2012, 00:28:52 »
A lot of the circus parts could probably be reused in a fair theme. I don't think the circus theme did very well though, so maybe they would be reluctant to release fair-type sets because of that.
~Pynedor~

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #371 on: October 01, 2012, 00:53:05 »
That is true, but I think the circus probably did poorly because of modern concerns about animal cruelty associated with the circus. Perhaps a completely non-animal circus would have done better. That wouldn't be an issue with the fair, the only animals there would be the ones in livestock competitions, which it would be cool to have with prize ribbons on them from the new pony ranch sets. Speaking of the fair, I'm looking forward to the one coming to my area at the end of this month! :love: I think I'll go and look around with an eye for playmobil customs. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #372 on: October 01, 2012, 01:43:21 »
That is true, but I think the circus probably did poorly because of modern concerns about animal cruelty associated with the circus. Perhaps a completely non-animal circus would have done better. That wouldn't be an issue with the fair, the only animals there would be the ones in livestock competitions, which it would be cool to have with prize ribbons on them from the new pony ranch sets. Speaking of the fair, I'm looking forward to the one coming to my area at the end of this month! :love: I think I'll go and look around with an eye for playmobil customs. ;D

That is so strange as most of the animals at the fair get eaten  :lol: our fair even had sheep racing where kids aged 4-6 would climb on and race on the track  8} then they get eaten as well. There are a lot of kids in 4H so it could also have that aspect to it, but again the livestock is sold to the highest bidder, bred and not only are the offspring eaten so are the parents.

I would love to see a Fair theme with all the rides and carnie booths. Then they could make actual carnie's to go with it  :lol:

One thing I do not get is why playmobil never made a court room set. They have bad guys, police to round them up, jails to house them but then a piece of the puzzle is missing, the judgement day. A room with the judge, a jury box, defendant and plantiff  table, court recorder and bailiff, that type of stuff. Give those klickies their day in court.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #373 on: October 01, 2012, 02:02:22 »
Yeah, they're doing "mutton bustin'" at our fair these days, too, and I don't like it. :no: Poor little sheep, they don't want kids jumping on their backs!

The courtroom is a great idea! It could be a medium to large set to go with a police theme. I think that might be more appealing to kids than you'd think... my brother and I always had stuffed animals, playmobil, whatever we were playing with, going to trial for various crimes. It seems rather adult but there are so many court shows on TV, I think a lot of kids would relate to it, especially the slightly older crowd.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #374 on: October 01, 2012, 20:40:32 »
I think the court is a good idea, but I could see it being harder for them to do. German courts look different from US courts that look different from UK courts etc. Police and fire are pretty uniform worldwide, but how a courtroom looks isn't so much.

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #375 on: October 01, 2012, 21:08:23 »
Feudal Japan would be a great theme and could give us awesome new buildings and figures.

I'd like to see even more fantasy items for the knights like various creatures. Maybe elves with pointy ears and such.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #376 on: October 01, 2012, 21:31:47 »
I think the court is a good idea, but I could see it being harder for them to do. German courts look different from US courts that look different from UK courts etc. Police and fire are pretty uniform worldwide, but how a courtroom looks isn't so much.

historic 1700's courtroom would be the best!!! with long powdered wigs  ;D
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #377 on: October 02, 2012, 00:50:53 »

even better, it would teach kids and adults how diffrent judicial systems work. Geobra makes police with specific colors for specific regions so they could adapt this with these
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #378 on: October 02, 2012, 07:19:54 »
I'd like to see even more fantasy items for the knights like various creatures. Maybe elves with pointy ears and such.

I think you're forgetting a very important snag. Klickys don't have ears!  :o

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2012, 14:08:25 »
I think you're forgetting a very important snag. Klickys don't have ears!  :o

And let's PLEASE keep it that way-no noses either, the new faces are bad enough!!! :( >:(
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!