Author Topic: what would you like to see done?  (Read 53537 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: what would you like to see done?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 10:34:31 »
Your ideas are very original Atto but the victorian theme I think is one of the only themes that shouldn't be mixed with fantasy nor crazy cience fiction. IMHO...maybe also western. In fact I wouldn't do it....but the rest of you can  :lol:
 I did like movies like the time machine (the original one) or sherlock holmes (not much more modern stuff than the fighting) but "WILD WEST"? That is  $/(&$""@@, and by that I mean terrible.  :lol: It is too crazy.

Back to topic.... other thing  I would like to see for the victorian theme is a fan, look at this one...isn't it beautiful?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 10:35:50 »
Back to topic.... other thing  I would like to see for the victorian theme is a fan, look at this one...isn't it beautiful?

OMG! that fan is awesome! and chain driven! :lol:

Damo :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 14:54:37 »
So what you're saying, Damo, is that you're a big fan of that fan?  ;)

Sorry, i couldn't resist.   :-[ :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 18:53:25 »
Yeah,....it blew him away! :lol: :giggle: Now see what you've started bb?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 22:45:40 »
This is spinning out of control!  ;D

We might have to pull the plug on it.
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 22:48:28 »
Your ideas are very original Atto but the victorian theme I think is one of the only themes that shouldn't be mixed with fantasy nor crazy cience fiction. IMHO...maybe also western. In fact I wouldn't do it....but the rest of you can  :lol:
 I did like movies like the time machine (the original one) or sherlock holmes (not much more modern stuff than the fighting) but "WILD WEST"? That is  $/(&$""@@, and by that I mean terrible.  :lol: It is too crazy.

ok ok, well maybe not as crazy as wild west movie, but Steampunk Victorian IS a classic sci-fi theme.  I think they can pull it off if they don't go too crazy like those lazer-chain-saws they gave the dragon knights.
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 00:35:06 »
This is spinning out of control!  ;D

We might have to pull the plug on it.

Not yet! :lol:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 02:17:44 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like the most excitement he's had in years.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 03:56:48 »
If those ears get flapping fast enough, he just may take flight :giggle:!

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 06:01:54 »

Steampunk is not a far-fetched theme, less far-fetched by far than the bloody rainbow-coloured ghost pirates or the lazer-sword-wielding dragon knights with goofy cross-eyed dragons!

PLUS, Steampunk has historical basis.  Steampunk is to Victorian days as Space theme is to contemporary living.  Steampunk is the sci-fi of victorian times.

AND Steampunk applies to more than one theme:  Like Japan during the industrial revolution post-Edo era.  Or western theme, during inventions like the steam locomotive and other steam/piston-driven inventions, electricity, etc....  And of course Victorian theme in general.

Wild West movie was fantastical to say the least, but not totally out in left field, save for the giant mechanical spider.  Flying contraptions, gears and gizmos on the observation car of the train.  Steam-powered vehicles and apparati.  Also other movies like the flying diribible in "Stardust."  Or "The Last Rocketeer."  "The Iron Giant."  These ideas are also not uninspired by Jules Vern type lore.

Not to mention the fashion!   Imagine Victorian or western crossed with the new technological fashions, like goggles, and mechanical gettups and gear.  And the very stylized victorian fashions with tailed coats, monocles, mandarin collars, metalic accents, buttons, clasps, the use of such earthy metalic colours as bronze and copper and steel!

The possibilities are endless!

To help visualize my hope, here is a quick collage of internet images I threw together for you:  Tell me this isn't a valid theme!  Certainly far less outlandish and bizzar as rainbow pirates and goofy dragon knights!   In any case, you will be seeing some customs from me nonetheless, since, most likely this will never happen.

Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!