Author Topic: what would you like to see done?  (Read 53518 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: what would you like to see done?
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2011, 20:53:13 »
It's really odd that the trebuchet has always been overlooked by playmobil and lego, yet they make many fantasy siege weapons.

And primitive catapults which would not be used much in the high middle ages that they both seem to prefer, with detailed plate armors.
Trebuchets seem to be the most sensible choice, probably a bit harder to make due to the sling, but much more interesting as well, it has far more reach.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #271 on: October 22, 2011, 20:35:14 »
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=9521.0

Please Geobra, copy this! You guys have almost all the molds.   :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #272 on: October 22, 2011, 20:46:23 »
...  However, I agree with Rhalius it will probably not happen. :( :'( ...

I doubt it very much, too.  :'( But one can dream  ;)

It's really odd that the trebuchet has always been overlooked by playmobil and lego, yet they make many fantasy siege weapons. ...

I think because they're quite large and would be rather expensive Anf they aren't that well known. Except for some AoE-players and such ...
Would be cool though!

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #273 on: October 22, 2011, 21:46:56 »
I think because they're quite large and would be rather expensive Anf they aren't that well known. Except for some AoE-players and such ...
They also appear on Lord Of The Rings  :love:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2011, 00:46:36 »
I believe in some other movies too, and considering that fantasy siege weapons are used it might be better to use a real one instead.

Could be about twice the height of the catapult and with a full crew of maybe four soldiers including a captain with no horse, otherwise it might get too expensive.

Or it could be part of a larger set, including a small tower to hurl bricks at. Then they could add a breakable wall in a round tower.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2011, 19:51:53 »
An American pilgrim? Has the idea ever been bandied about? It would go well with the current witch.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2011, 22:15:12 »
A large round tower might also be nice for a medieval castle.. or just as a single tower.

The size could be 2x2 like a steckhouse, but round and three floors high with rounded battlements and the possibility to put a ballista on top of the tower, or another siege machine.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2011, 11:03:59 »
How come of all the years PM has been alive, they've only come out with TWO decent multi-masted ships, and then a short-lived anomaly (the 4290) and a severly cherubic and inaccurate cog (the ghost ship).  And then now we get a dumbed-down version of the 3940 remould.....

When will we have a brand new 2-masted brig design?  Or better yet:  a TRI-MASTER!

(sorry I know this is a repeat, but the question begs itself until PM GIVES US AN ANSWER (in the form of a new ship!)
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2011, 12:44:30 »
Steck, steck , steck !!! The only worthy construction system , I agree with prev suggestion , Steck round towers where tower parts are a wider angel and therefore much larger diameter steck round towers. revised Lowering bridges with improved battlements and a new roof tile colour !!!! Bring back steck !!! i wil never stop saying this until it happens !!! and not just bakeries and all these small houses that dont even have toasts for some reason BUT proper larger steck castles !!!!

and where on earth is the much anticipated and waited for steck 4 way connector ????????????   :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2011, 13:33:14 »
Was there ever a promise of the four way connector? That would be excellent.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda