Author Topic: Shell sign with face!  (Read 1554 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Shell sign with face!
« on: November 22, 2010, 08:45:25 »
I have about 5 of these signs, but not one quite like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Playmobil-Shell-Garage-City-Petrol-Station-OIL-Sign-/250730508328?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item3a60b3f028

I remember seeing one like this before, but does anyone know any more about it? ???

The original Shell set:

3437 - Gas Station

Damo :)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Shell sign with face!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 11:04:00 »
Damo is it Playmobil? I have never seen one like that before (with or without the face)....and I can't find it in 3437   :eh?:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Oh! I saw it....yes it is playmo  :-[
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 14:52:27 »
I read in 'Story of a Smile' that Esso sets were given away for points collected at service stations in Canada in the 1980s.  Were there any shell promotional sets and if so could it be from one of those? 
Just a thought  ???

laine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 14:55:22 »
I read in 'Story of a Smile' that Esso sets were given away for points collected at service stations in Canada in the 1980s.  Were there any shell promotional sets and if so could it be from one of those? 
Just a thought  ???

laine

As far as I'm aware, it was only the Esso ones that were promos, and the Shell ones were sold by Playmobil the usual way :-\

Damo :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 15:10:26 by flatcat »

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 15:21:33 »
The set number appears correct, but the sign decal maybe an alternate decal version from an early production, even being from different sets dispatched to different countries. It was produced in years 1991 thru 1998 which is a long amount of time.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!