Author Topic: Puffins toyshop closing down but a new website from a UK one  (Read 1080 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Puffins toyshop closing down but a new website from a UK one
« on: November 11, 2010, 19:55:10 »
I've just read on LG that Puffins is closing down.  They are a US toyshop who sell mail order internationally, e.g. to Australia.  Today, I was back in Ripon  near where we used to live until 6 weeks ago and called in on the toyshop there where I used to buy my Playmobil.  They are just starting selling on the internet (they already sell some items through amazon.co.uk).  Here's a link to their site:

http://www.expresstoyshop.co.uk/

Hazel, the owner is very pleasant and helpful and enthusiastic.   Currently, she and her staff are still putting stock on to the website (they are doing it all to make themselves familiar with the site and so they can update it themselves in the future and, I guess, to save a load of money now and in the future) so not everything is there yet. However, Hazel said that if there was something people wanted to buy they could email her with details and she would then add it to the website for them. Postage is at cost, btw.

(I wasn't sure whether this should be in news (as it is news) or shopping and auctions (as it is shopping), so if anyone feels it should be moved, then that's OK with me.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Puffins toyshop closing down but a new website from a UK one
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 23:32:55 »
Gordon
Thanks for this.  I'll keep an eye on the website but prefer to visit the shop.  I hope to take my son to Knowledge Magnet this weekend to encourage some Christmas ideas.  I'll possibly take my daughter too but she may prefer the shoe shop further back on Kirkgate.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 00:38:11 »
Are all prices for new Playmobil this expensive in England?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 07:14:21 »
Are all prices for new Playmobil this expensive in England?

The only price which I found had gone up was the Special price which has been £2.50 in most shops until now.

(Remember, the prices on the website are in £ sterling not dollars.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 07:16:19 »
Gordon
Thanks for this.  I'll keep an eye on the website but prefer to visit the shop.  I hope to take my son to Knowledge Magnet this weekend to encourage some Christmas ideas.  I'll possibly take my daughter too but she may prefer the shoe shop further back on Kirkgate.

I prefer visiting the shop too, Mark.  The info on the website is really aimed at members with little access to Playmobil and I'm thinking particularly of the great Australian Playmobil desert as it was an Aussie member on LG who raised the topic of Puffins closing.