Author Topic: Underwater Shipwreck!!  (Read 6362 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Underwater Shipwreck!!
« on: September 15, 2010, 14:35:44 »
This may be a stretch, but can you tell which lovely Playmo item I have defaced to create a shipwreck for my aquarium?

Your heart may gasp when you realize what I have done to my sacred Playmobil!

I intend to later include the actual Playmobil shipwreck set (the green one that looks like the stern of a 3050 style ship) along with the underwater scene set. :)
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: Underwater Shipwreck!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 14:38:51 »
Yes indeed, one of the greatest playmobil pirate ships, but my God that looks good! :o :o :o

I like the way you have cut it so it looks as if it has just 'snapped' :)9

Damo :)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 15:08:20 »
Yes indeed, one of the greatest playmobil pirate ships, but my God that looks good! :o :o :o

I like the way you have cut it so it looks as if it has just 'snapped' :)9

Damo :)

Were I a rich man I would sacrifice an ENTIRE 3286 ship and break her in two so I could sink her at the bottom of a larger aquarium, with masts still attached and whatnot.  And have part of it buried in the gravel.

As it is, this was only a left over part of my custom Black Pearl in which I replaced the bow of the ship with a forecastle.  My heart broke to have to hack up such a beautiful ship!  At least I found some use for it's old bow :)

On a side note, I just won a 99% complete 3286 Ship off ebay just now for US$26 and only $12 shipping!  SCORE!!!!  I love my custom Black Pearl, but I did miss the original colours of the 3286, so when I get this one off ebay I will most likely restore it to its full glory :).  Though I might still want to customize it a bit.  I no longer like Playmo sails left stock.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 19:18:12 by BlackPearl2006 »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 16:06:07 »
A very effective custom.  The way the rigging bows out suggests that there's a strong current running.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 16:07:34 »
I really love it!! I may have been a massacre but the result is absolutely amazing!!! Very well done!!! I'd like to do something similar...

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 16:17:17 »
Yeah it reall looks great and as it is just a spare part it doesn't hurt me as much :-)

Why don't you use a Playmo Treasure chest?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 16:23:47 »

The Davy Jones locker makes it more chilling Gis....  ;)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 19:15:58 »
Yeah it reall looks great and as it is just a spare part it doesn't hurt me as much :-)

Aye, tis a reason thar be Davey Jones' chest rather than a Playmo one:

Lol...Davey Jones was sick and tired of humans tossin his heart all over the blasted place, so he finally got his wits about him and decided to hide it in a place where no human could go by sinkin it to the depths of....well, Davey Jones Locker!  (Why didn't he think of that in the first place?)  And to make sure no one got to it, he decided to guard it heavily by patrolling the waters directly above.

And I like to pretend that that's the Black Pearl (in it's red Wicked Wench form) before Davey Jones struck a deal with Jack Sparrow to raise the ship from the depths and give him a 13-year extension on life, before re-christening the ship as the Black Pearl.

Actually, all the ship parts in the aquarium are leftovers from customs.  The 3286 bow was hacked off for my custom Pearl, and the stern from a Megabloks Pearl was left over and sunk as well, along with one of its masts.  And the bowed rigging is the cheapo ugly rigging leftover from a Zizzle Black Pearl playset that I am currently re-rigging and re-fitting with new yards and masts.  I bought the Zizzle Black Pearl (the really huge one) off craigslist for a mere US$10! 

Want not, waste not, I always say, so I made good use of all my spare ship parts.  :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 19:22:51 by BlackPearl2006 »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 03:54:16 »
Hi

That extra part actually looks like you did it on purpose . Very nice display you made

Thanks for sharing

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 18:41:23 »
Great decoration :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!