Author Topic: 5879 and 5922 at Costco  (Read 8578 times)

Offline gibbspaulus

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Space, the final playmo...
Re: 5879 and 5922 at Costco
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 17:46:33 »
I can't believe you get the building too - is that a reissue and can someone point me to the code if it is?

Nice sets for £30.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 21:39:49 »
Hi

Thanks for the info on Costco. I always wondered why they never sold Playmobil at costco as they are such a big volume  retailer.

The safari set looks nice and I too like the old tree. It really looks like an acacia tree in Africa that has been devoured by giraffes . They grow so different in our area but we do not have tall herbivores just tall bucket trucks with chainsaws  ;)

The rescue sets just looks like a feeble attempt at clearing the warehouse of unsold stock.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 01:01:09 »
I can't believe you get the building too - is that a reissue and can someone point me to the code if it is?

Nice sets for £30.

Appearently it's just a wall with a balcony, but interesting indeed, anyhow :)
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline gibbspaulus

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • Space, the final playmo...
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 09:24:41 »
Appearently it's just a wall with a balcony, but interesting indeed, anyhow :)

Ah, thanks for that. It's something you can out between or behind other buildings in a diorama to create depth then. Sadly I live in the UK but I also don't want the fire truck! Oh well...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 05:29:18 »
Ah, thanks for that. It's something you can out between or behind other buildings in a diorama to create depth then. Sadly I live in the UK but I also don't want the fire truck! Oh well...

Hi

There is the 5705 that is still out in the US, you might be able to order from DS . The whole set 5705 is only $15. I always wanted to put on different stickers for the same use . It just does not look right in photos when half your city is on fire all the time  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline irnm2001

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 01:45:03 »
I like the Safari set and I hope it makes it to Costco Canada. As for the other set...I hope it doesn't...I think the firetruck looks awefull and I wouldn't take it if you paid me.

Mad Nick
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 04:57:20 »
I like the Safari set and I hope it makes it to Costco Canada. As for the other set...I hope it doesn't...I think the firetruck looks awefull and I wouldn't take it if you paid me.

Mad Nick

Hi

I bought this truck when it first came out and I just could not bear to look at it so I returned it. I think this is the only Playmobil I ever returned to a store. As I recall it was made in china along with the chicken dragon.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 07:53:59 »
Update on the two sets that are at Costco - the price has been reduced to $34.97 but there weren't very many of them left at my local Costco.
(I bought the safari set.  Don't tell my family.  They'll do an intervention and you'll never see me online again.)   :D
Rona MamaDragon

Offline irnm2001

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 03:49:17 »
Update on the two sets that are at Costco - the price has been reduced to $34.97 but there weren't very many of them left at my local Costco.
(I bought the safari set.  Don't tell my family.  They'll do an intervention and you'll never see me online again.)   :D

Release the General and I won't tell your daughter  >:D

Mad Nick
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 03:57:38 »

Mad Nick

You do not have to worry about the fire set coming here (again).  That is what was at Costco in Canada last year.   :P