Author Topic: My Roman Army  (Read 5329 times)

Offline peetje

• Playmo Lover
  • peetje
Re: My Roman Army
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 10:58:36 »
Nice army.
I think you win the battle.

Love animals.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 14:24:57 »
For your elephant you might also look out for one of the circus coats to use as a base for the platform. There are three versions I think, the first (and hardest to get) with a platform attached. Here is a view of one of the other versions

Yin & Yang the Amazing Albino Elephants by TimSpfd, on Flickr

Cool, but I don't have the money to go part hunting... :-\
Anyway, I found something that works, so I will show you all soon. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 14:27:07 »
Nice army.
I think you win the battle.

Thanks, but winning the battle is going to be pretty hard against Giorginetto... :o

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 03:15:48 »
hey WOT...your pictures are huge...its taking like forever to load  :P
its a fantastic display! ..I just want to add that you can also build your own war elephants using existing parts like I did  :)

(I hope I'm not teasing...you did say you cant afford to hunt for parts but I'm just suggesting that you can keep a look out for these parts if they come your way some day...customising is never finished/final...I just make do with whatever I have and then slowly improve it and it never ends as newer/better parts/colours get launched... ;) )
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:21:28 by cheng »

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 04:10:29 »
Hi

Great looking roman army you have in your command. I really like your picture angles down low like you have them. It really puts you right in the middle of the troops and makes them look 6 feet as apposed to 3 inches  :clap:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:42 »
Excellent WoT !!! Well very soon you shall be getting an addition to this army, i just got back from my holidays today !!! excellent set up !!!! some more romans from me are coming from greece !!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 13:21:45 »
hey WOT...your pictures are huge...its taking like forever to load  :P
its a fantastic display! ..I just want to add that you can also build your own war elephants using existing parts like I did  :)

(I hope I'm not teasing...you did say you cant afford to hunt for parts but I'm just suggesting that you can keep a look out for these parts if they come your way some day...customising is never finished/final...I just make do with whatever I have and then slowly improve it and it never ends as newer/better parts/colours get launched... ;) )

Thanks Cheng,
Maybe you could post more pics of your elephant and show us how you made it. ;D

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 13:23:31 »
Hi

Great looking roman army you have in your command. I really like your picture angles down low like you have them. It really puts you right in the middle of the troops and makes them look 6 feet as apposed to 3 inches  :clap:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Thanks Ras! ;D
I also like taking pics right next to them like this so that you can see them a bit better,
It is easier to see the printing and faces and things when you are down next to them,
Then when you are soaring above. :cloud9: ;)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 13:24:35 »
Excellent WoT !!! Well very soon you shall be getting an addition to this army, i just got back from my holidays today !!! excellent set up !!!! some more romans from me are coming from greece !!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks Giorginetto! ;D

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 03:42:11 »
I've been away from the forum for a few days, but thanks for posting these new pictures, WarriorOfToys!  I really like all your diverse units, as it makes your Roman army quite interesting. :)9
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: