Author Topic: Target Fall 2010  (Read 11978 times)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
Re: Target Fall 2010
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 04:34:39 »
Thanks for the pics. Hope they could import these target sets to Hong Kong. I am curious, do people from other market able to buy the two klickies themed carry case? The importer in Hong Kong only imported those, but not other cool target exclusive sets, like the whale watcher and deer plus SUV sets. :hmm:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 05:22:27 »
Is the klicky in 5904 the first fatty with a gun holster?

It's a shame they didn't give the second guy in 5907 a holster too.

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 07:41:45 »
Thanks for posting this!  I'm excited and will go to my local Target asap.

I don't like 5904, though.  The Klicky looks too much like a poacher (poachers are bad, bad people  :no:), although he probably isn't since he's driving an official looking jeep.  Still...
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:53 »
Hi Tiermann,

Great pictures of some nice sets. Not a theme I'm much interested in, but good to see the sets nonetheless. Being in the UK, the US Target exclusivity is somewhat aggravating  :hmm:

I think he's going to have real trouble getting the rhino to jump through that little hoop...

Just one thing: I always understood the thing the Klicky holds to be a coiled whip, rather than a hoop to jump through. Either way, I think trying to make a rhino do anything is a a really dumb idea!

Cheers,

AndrewL

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 10:31:21 »
At the Kruger park they have a big board with photos of examples what not to do. As a deterent. I remember pics of a completely smashed 4 wheel drive. Some people actually stepped out to take pictures of a rhino up close. The rhino was not amused.

I would drive past a rhino waving from an open 4WD. Let alone change a tire near one.

I think the hoop is a coiled whip too.

About the holster, it is a painted on / clip on holster. It is not a belt that can be taken off.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Ronastoo

• Playmo Lover
  • MamaDragon
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 10:38:02 »

I think he's going to have real trouble getting the rhino to jump through that little hoop...

:lol: :lol: He's a magical rhino!
Rona MamaDragon

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 13:44:13 »
I notice the 5904 jeep doesn't have a windshield like my 4832 jeep has. Strange they would leave that off. seems like a small and inexpensive part.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 13:59:38 »

I don't like 5904, though.  The Klicky looks too much like a poacher (poachers are bad, bad people  :no:), although he probably isn't since he's driving an official looking jeep.  Still...
he might be bad...but I think he is one of the best looking klicky....just really man

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 14:17:03 »
Just one thing: I always understood the thing the Klicky holds to be a coiled whip, rather than a hoop to jump through.

Tim was joking.

About the holster, it is a painted on / clip on holster. It is not a belt that can be taken off.

I know it's a clip-on holster, like many modern Police figures have. I have the figure in front of me. I think he may be the first fatty with a holster (notice I said holster, not gunbelt), unless someone knows of a previous one.

Quote from: Klickus Mobilius on Today at 00:41:45

I don't like 5904, though.  The Klicky looks too much like a poacher (poachers are bad, bad people  ), although he probably isn't since he's driving an official looking jeep.  Still...

I think he was a poacher in a previous existance. I agree that poachers are the scum of the Earth, but they exist, and Playmobil does not shy away from depicting evil people such as thieves and burglars, as long as they get their just desserts.

His angry eyebrows, stubble, and shark-tooth necklace all imply an attitude not suited to serving as a Park Ranger. I think they wanted an official Park jeep in this "mini-series", so he gets to drive it.

Quote from: bonniebeth on Today at 06:44:13
I notice the 5904 jeep doesn't have a windshield like my 4832 jeep has. Strange they would leave that off. seems like a small and inexpensive part.

It actually does have a windscreen, but you're absoultely right Bonniebeth, in the box pictures it doesn't, and they've even photoshopped out the holes where it would fit on the front page. The windscreen frame is silver to match the fenders and bars. Strange to go to such lengths to hide a part that might result in someone not buying the set.

I have several jeeps from different sets, and this is the first I've got to have four seats. Having sat in the back of a jeep I know it's not the most comfortable ride, but for spotting animals on the plains it's useful, and the backseat part 30 20 0552 can clip into any jeep.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 14:41:50 by Martin Milner »

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 14:42:46 »

Thanks Tim,

Rumor has it that there is a possibility that maybe only about half of the Target stores might be stocking Playmobil. However, this is NOT a confirmed rumor!

Tim, your images of the new sets are fantastic! Heather should be thrilled !!!

I don't like 5904, though.  The Klicky looks too much like a poacher (poachers are bad, bad people)

Agreed !!!

That's what makes this a great set, because you could have the Klicky police arrest him ... :klickygrin: