Author Topic: the wedding theme didn't go so well?  (Read 6367 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: the wedding theme didn't go so well?
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 15:56:05 »
Hi

I did like a lot of the parts that came with this theme. The cake was a very sought after part as it was not around for a while. The 4308  reception tent along with the bottles and full wine glasses will be very useful when I get around to making a diorama of a vineyard w/party. I also found the well dressed Klickies to be very useful and unique. Now that I looked over some of the inventories I find the Chef    # 30 00 4862 need to be added in large quantities to my parts order. It looks like his outfit will make a good addition to the Asian theme dioramas . One thing that really caught my attention was Kenc's cathedral that I do hope to someday copy.

Rasputin"The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 17:31:21 »
Hi

I did like a lot of the parts that came with this theme. The cake was a very sought after part as it was not around for a while. The 4308  reception tent along with the bottles and full wine glasses will be very useful when I get around to making a diorama of a vineyard w/party. I also found the well dressed Klickies to be very useful and unique. Now that I looked over some of the inventories I find the Chef    # 30 00 4862 need to be added in large quantities to my parts order. It looks like his outfit will make a good addition to the Asian theme dioramas . One thing that really caught my attention was Kenc's cathedral that I do hope to someday copy.

Rasputin"The Mad Monk"

It was Kenc's wonderful cathedral that prompted me to invest in a couple of churches, though so far only one is out of the box.   :-[

I thought it funny that if you get the whole theme you end up with 3 bridal couples and two different wedding cakes. It would have been nice to have a non-Caucasian couple amongst those three, and maybe more guests, or some bridesmaids, father of the bride etc.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 17:56:52 »
It was Kenc's wonderful cathedral that prompted me to invest in a couple of churches, though so far only one is out of the box.   :-[

I thought it funny that if you get the whole theme you end up with 3 bridal couples and two different wedding cakes. It would have been nice to have a non-Caucasian couple amongst those three, and maybe more guests, or some bridesmaids, father of the bride etc.

Hi

I think he said it took him 4 sets to make it but I do not remember how many if any extra DS parts he had to order. Oh where is that Playmobil CAD software .

I too found it very strange that they were all Caucasians getting hitched. Your point about lack of guests seems to be a universal problem for Playmobil. We never get enough of the regular joe-shmo's in any themes. It always seems to be like hollywood movies where all the attention is on the star's and regular people just do not exist :eh?:  Where are all the little people  :hmm:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 19:08:17 »
It would have been nice to have a non-Caucasian couple amongst those three, and maybe more guests, or some bridesmaids, father of the bride etc.

I too found it very strange that they were all Caucasians getting hitched. Your point about lack of guests seems to be a universal problem for Playmobil. We never get enough of the regular joe-shmo's in any themes. It always seems to be like hollywood movies where all the attention is on the star's and regular people just do not exist :eh?:  Where are all the little people  :hmm:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

like what people chinese ,and black well perhaps they didn't thought of that and about the guests ,we take things a little serious i think,  they are toys and they are for kids what would 50 lets say klickys be ussfull in a child to play? with the knights and pirates can make wars with all these guests, what to do them? it has a few that could be as guests that could play if you see the church has a few chairs too ;) ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 22:25:47 »
I think it would have been nice to have just one bridal couple, and with each additional set, get another bridesmaid and groomsmen, all wearing the same clothes, but maybe different hair or even this is where you could bring in other races.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 06:38:54 »
You can tell we are all conditioned adults by reading some of these posts.  LOL

Last night at ToysRUs I asked my daughters if they wanted the wedding car or the new black dragon.  No matter how much I tried to convince them they wanted the wedding car ...  *sigh* 

They couldn't care in the least about anyone else at the wedding but the bride and groom.  They don't even know or understand what a bridesmaid is, let alone would want them.  It's all about focus on the key elements.

As for the ethnicity of the people, we have to remember this is a German toy with, I presume, a decidely German testing audience.

Just so the story has a happier ending, the dragon did come home with us, as well.  (today the "prince", the groom, had to battle the dragon and rider to save the "princess" bride so they could drive away safely in their car)

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 07:24:48 »
Great (medieval) minds think alike!!!    ;D ;D ;D

Yes they do. :)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 13:36:09 »
I'm wondering if they took it out of the market in Germany so it can turn something like the Victorian sets. Maybe they are going to turn into old sets in the future.

Baden  :)
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 13:51:53 »

As for the ethnicity of the people, we have to remember this is a German toy with, I presume, a decidely German testing audience.

Yes this is the obvious reason they have mostly caucasian people in most of their sets. If it were made here in america it would seem quite strange. It does drive me crazy, though, to have almost all caucasians at my zoo, with only a few "token" people of other races.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 14:23:28 »
I'm wondering if they took it out of the market in Germany so it can turn something like the Victorian sets. Maybe they are going to turn into old sets in the future.

Baden  :)

yes i think they did it it's not in the german site anymore ,what makes you think that it might turn to Victorian sets?
The spirits rule !!!!