Author Topic: Bronze Knights!  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Bronze Knights!
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 09:14:03 »
Panos,

I've been experimenting a bit with a few bronze knights too. I've turned one into an "evil museum knight" (who comes alive between 12 pm and 1 am  :omg:), so he should have non-skincolour hands. He is equipped with a round black shield with a bronze circle in the middle, and a black feather on his helmet, plus a black sword. For his arms I have tried the gold and anthracite, but I find that complete black ones (with black hands!) work best when the outsides are covered with armor.  ;)

The black arms with black hands come from the mysterious Temple's Guard-klickies in the Treasure Hunter's theme, though I'm not sure if they both have such arms (at least one, but I'm not sure which):
http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4842&pics=on

When a bronze knight should have bronze armour on his arms, but if the hands should be skin-coloured, I came to the conclusion (imho) that neither gold or anthracite work best, but a very dark brown. To be more specific, darkbrown-arms like the ones of this knight:

http://collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3890.htm

Thought I'd let you know, in case you want to try it out.  :)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 13:51:53 »
Erwin, these are some really good ideas!!  :picsplz: of your ''evil museum knight''  ;D

I never thought of the brown colour, I have a couple of arm pairs left from my Bridgeburners, I'll experiment a bit... although I'd hate to go looking for more brown arms... not very easy to come by  8}

The black arms are also a good idea... However I remember trying them but they did not look right...Again not easy to come buy... I may have a few, I'll do some digging... as for the temple guardian klicky, far too expensive to get from DS only for his arms...

For the time being, and after a lot of experimentation, I ended up with the following three patterns...

Anthracite works very well for torso and arms, and allows for more klickies to be build out of the bronze parts!!! Only trouble is, anthracite arms are also hard to come by  :lol:  :hissyfit:
Gold is not too bad either...

I have two more designs on my mind but not enough parts to start building them... Everything I had went into building troops based on the three above designs...

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 14:18:29 »
Those are cool, but does the bronze (or the silver or any other "shiny" colours) wear off the parts ever? I have a silver knight and a blue one from the Series figures, and I am always really careful with them for fear of this. I might want to get some of these bronze ones sometime too...
~Pynedor~

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2012, 14:28:20 »
Yes, the chrome on the old knights does wear off with extensive playing, oily fingers, dust, extensive exposure to sunligt and such...... The bronze on these guys also wears off, in some cases easier than others.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 14:43:05 »
Hmm, that isn't so great. Maybe I'll stay with the dull silver/grey armours. Thanks. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 15:54:38 »
  :picsplz: of your ''evil museum knight''  ;D

He looks very close to yours in the middle of the pic you posted, the one with the horns.
I gave him a white ghost-face with red eyes, and therefore I equpped his helmet with the long pointy visor, so that the face is almost not visible when the visor is closed. He also got the anthracite arms & hands. Anothe option for him is to equip him with darkgrey arms with white hands, that came with the same ghost-special I used the face from (don't know the set-N° from memory, but it is the ghost with the black hood & cape).

I'll try to take a pic later this week.  :)

My 2nd "full armoured" bronze knight got a normal klicky-face, and him I gave the darkbrown arms with normal skin-coloured hands that I mentioned.
I'll take a pic from him too.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!