Author Topic: Bronze Knights!  (Read 9545 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Bronze Knights!
« on: August 11, 2010, 14:24:26 »
I think you've been waiting for this for sometime now... ;D ;D ;D Mind you these are not wolf knights... Their armor and bodies are all bronze..except for the arms...no bronze arms in any wolf knight set... :(

I've changed the first attempts a bit, repaces some helmets etc etc... So here are the results

Leader----

Nope this is not my avatar...He might look like him but he is not...Firstly he has different arm greaves! These are winged ones!

Commander of the army---

Not very imressive but he does his work!!!

Standard Bearer -----

I still have no clue as to the coat of arms.... ??? ??? ??? Ideas anyone?

Guardians----

The eye on the shield representing (as always) the watchfull eye...

Swordsmen----

No words are necessary....  ;D ;D ;D

Infantry -----

And an overall image of the group (infantry excluded...)

I still need to make an archer class.... but i have no more bronze body parts...Oh well...time for a visit at the toy shop ;)

Hope you enjoy them!! Feedback and critiques always welcome!!! :) :) :)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
Re: Bronze Knights!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 14:29:24 »
Fantastic Panos!  :clap:    :clap:  :clap:   :clap:    :clap:  I love them!  :love:  :love:  :love: I would love to see some pics of them maybe training or going into battle or at least in their castle!

But the are really great! Excellent job Panos!  :)9

Baden  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 14:35:15 »
I like all your customs, especially the lighter armed infantry using the archer's shoulder piece! I hadn't though of doing light infantry but they look just right.

You must have  lot of bits left over, do you have a plan for them, or do they go in a big bucket "for later"?

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 14:39:15 »
This must have been some of the most exciting customs for you to make in a while right?

It sure is a great to see the parts of the Wolf Knights use so expertly.

The one thing I would like to remark is that I always think of the wavy sword as a Unique item. Something that is only uncovered after a long and hard quest with loads of magical powers. I think it is one of the worst looking swords in Playmobil however because I always imagine it as a very powerful magic item I still love them. So using them on your swordmen distracts from that image. Also the sword on the shield is straight!

Apart from that one little thing, they really look powerfull and ready for any task. What will be there assignment/role in your setting?

Keep up the great work Sit Wolf!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 14:43:25 »
Super customs!  I really like the bronze.  The painting is excellent and so are your pics.  Thanks so much for inspiration.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 14:46:34 »
Fantastic Panos!  :clap:    :clap:  :clap:   :clap:    :clap:  I love them!  :love:  :love:  :love: I would love to see some pics of them maybe training or going into battle or at least in their castle!

But the are really great! Excellent job Panos!  :)9

Baden  :wave:

Thanks Baden!! So glad you liked them!!! It will take some time to see them in action... But its a good idea to have their own castle and place them there.... :!: Thanks!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 14:51:27 »
I like all your customs, especially the lighter armed infantry using the archer's shoulder piece! I hadn't though of doing light infantry but they look just right.

You must have  lot of bits left over, do you have a plan for them, or do they go in a big bucket "for later"?

Yes Martin the light infantry made good sense to me...after all, these knights should have footsoldiers.

You are right, I have lots of left overs, eight of the little drawers to be exact, mostly shields and horned helmets... but I am planning on building more of those knights so some of them will be used there later.

Still, If you think any of them parts that you could use I will be happy to send them to you!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 14:51:30 »
Sure Panos! Feel free to ask for any more ideas!  :D

B-W
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 14:59:42 »
This must have been some of the most exciting customs for you to make in a while right?

It sure is a great to see the parts of the Wolf Knights use so expertly.

The one thing I would like to remark is that I always think of the wavy sword as a Unique item. Something that is only uncovered after a long and hard quest with loads of magical powers. I think it is one of the worst looking swords in Playmobil however because I always imagine it as a very powerful magic item I still love them. So using them on your swordmen distracts from that image. Also the sword on the shield is straight!

Apart from that one little thing, they really look powerfull and ready for any task. What will be there assignment/role in your setting?

Keep up the great work Sit Wolf!!

Yes I see you point Gis and I have thought about the same thing about the sword too...

Only problem is, there are no other bronze swords in these sets(and I really wanted all the parts and accessories to be bronze, but since there are no bronze arms and not many bronze weapons the next best colour I thought would be gold and dark grey)...I would be happy to replace them with this sword 30 07 6410 - Sword, guard curves away from handle but it does not come at a dark grey colour (does it?) like the double axes...

As for their role....I am still working on that...and you gave me more reason to think harder...Got to live up to your expectations  ;) !

Thanks for your valuable feedback Gis!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 15:00:28 »
Super customs!  I really like the bronze.  The painting is excellent and so are your pics.  Thanks so much for inspiration.
Joe

Thanks Joe  :wave:!! Glad you liked them!!!  :) :)