Author Topic: Question about steck walls - please help and give me ideas/pics etc etc  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel

My first attempt was this ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIecRLt3guU

Apologies for the poor camera quality. Since this set up i have bought another 12 steck houses, 2 complere 3666s, lots of walls ( over 120) , steck parts , round towers and all related bits and pieces ( 300 toasters etc etc), more market stands  etc etc  i want to biult two high steck walls with double areas on top to allow lots of klickies to stand behind the fortifications, you can see what i have created on the walls of the kings quarters . I am thinking of creatign a single heigh wall with simple stand ons with the brown gamma shaped connectors as outer wall with square towers and inner wall double heigh with twice the size surfaces behind fortifications ( as in my video)  with round towers  and have catapults and lots of klickies behind fortifications . any pictures , links of related grand steck designs/ walls will be apprecieted as I am a bit stuck ,  help. also what suggestion do yo uhave about the castel doors if building on double heights ?? surely they will look weird and a weak spot .. any ideas , suggestions ???? i was thinking 3 point connectors  either side of classic steck double castle doors and going on the back a door ( as in my medieval city internal wall - see video) and run a wall on top of that door.. any ideas/ suggestions ?? :wave: :wave: :wave:

I will start building my grand mediaval citatel after i complete taking pictures of my romans/ gauls/ egyptians , sometime in early september so your feedback will be appreciated as i have started drawing my grand mediaval citadel , there will be 1600 mediaval klickies in it !!!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Perhaps you can find inspiration in the lay-out of krak de chevaliers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krak_des_Chevaliers

It has double walls with towers, the inner walls higher than the others.

Behind the entrance doors is a maze of corridors that is especially designed as a killing ground for enemies. Once you get in, you're dead. Very impressive.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
I am at work and cannot think creatively right now! Reckon I'll be quite tired when I get back home at around 7, but I will go through your initial post George and think it over!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Thanks for the link Ali Baba, thats really interesting

Sir Wolf , no worries !!! I shall not start building in teh next few days but any ideas / tips when / if possible will  be greatly appreciated

I am looking for any related threads/ pics .. anyone..  :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Fabulous Georginetto - love your work  ;D
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline scan

• Playmo Fanatic
Wow that city is an easy attck for my men  ;D

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Wow that city is an easy attck for my men  ;D

even my next one will be double the size, even this one with a total guard of over 1000 klickies and 25 catapults i dont think so. you kliclies would simply die under my walls ... >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
what suggestion do yo uhave about the castel doors if building on double heights ?? surely they will look weird and a weak spot .. any ideas , suggestions ???? i was thinking 3 point connectors  either side of classic steck double castle doors and going on the back a door ( as in my medieval city internal wall - see video) and run a wall on top of that door.. any ideas/ suggestions ?? :wave: :wave: :wave:

Great to see the set up G., even if the camera was a little shaky. I liked your choice of music too.

Castle gates are ALWAYS a weak spot, usually the weakest spot in the whole defence, that is unavoidable. Wood, even reinforced wiyth iron bars, is weaker than stone, and the gate has to be easily approchable by foot, wagon and horse, when no other part of the wall does (e.g. see Edinburgh Castle, built on top of an old Volcano).

A massive gatehouse spanning the gates would allow defenders to drop nasty things down onto any attackers who got beyond the first gate - a second gate beyond holding the unfortunates in the killing ground like fish in a barrel. You might deliberately allow attackers to get past a first false defense, then drop a portcullis behind them and get on with the killing.

In Steck terms you should be able to carry a wall right across above the gateway, even if it is hanging unsupported. Have arrowslits in the walls so defenders can shoot down.

Another common feature would be a postern gate, a one-man width gate through which defenders could sally forth unnoticed and attack the beseigers from behind. A postern gate is very easy to include and adds a nice touch.

Offline Arizzo

• Playmo Fanatic
there are some attempts in building castle gates two storeys high over at the german boards ....  :hmm: ... but I'm afraid most of them are built in System X ... I'll see if I can fetch some pics for you, but don't expect them within one day, please  ;)

nice city btw  ;D
Cheers
Arizzo

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. hehehe

Well I haven't written much lately, you say?
So what! Neither has Shakespeare!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
I like Martin's idea! The extra wall above the gate!! I've seen it in many steck castles!!! I'll be off to see how much I can make it happen in my design... I was thinking of it but now i really want to try it!

---edit---

Nope...too tired to think this through...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 18:30:37 by Wolf Knight »