Author Topic: Reordering forum lists and searches  (Read 1566 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Reordering forum lists and searches
« on: July 25, 2010, 07:17:15 »
Is it just me that's slow or have other people not found out that when you go to a forum or make a search you can reorder things in different ways, by number of posts, by who started the thread, by subject etc?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: Reordering forum lists and searches
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:22:07 »
If you're slow then I should be "dead-in-water" as I still haven't worked it out  :-[

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41:14 »
If you're slow then I should be "dead-in-water" as I still haven't worked it out  :-[

Bogro

As an example, Mark, go on to the NEWS forum and hover your  mouse over Replies and then left click.  Apart from the first two topics which are "stickies" the others will be now listed in ascending order of replies, starting with those topics with 0 replies.  Repeat what you did, and they are in descending order of replies, again apart from the "stickies".  If you do it on Subject or Started by the sort is in alphabetical order.  It's useful if you are looking for a topic where you can't remember the title but you know who started it.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 10:02:49 »
I find this way to be quite mixed up... I prefer the overall search option! Still, its nice to know it can be done!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:10:28 »
I find this way to be quite mixed up... I prefer the overall search option! Still, its nice to know it can be done!

It's not something I'd use often, Panos.  I wanted to find a topic by Heather from playmoDB about System-X but a search on System-X didn't show it.  I guessd it would be in the forum on DS and part numbers and thought how useful it would be to search by starter of topic (as I know could be done on some other boards).  As I hovered my mouse over the top of the Started by column I noticed it became a hand and so clicked and there it was sorted in alphabetical order of name of the person starting the post.  In the past hovering my mouse over the headings of the forum never seemed to do anything.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 17:10:32 »
In the past hovering my mouse over the headings of the forum never seemed to do anything.

Maybe this is a latest feature?