Author Topic: LF8 fire engine for Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade  (Read 8830 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: LF8 fire engine for Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 16:09:40 »
Now, the same but with equipment stowed in place.

The small metal box in front of the chainsaw holds spare chains and tools.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 16:17:15 »
Now, details of the storage facilities on the rear doors and safety features on the crew cab door at the side.

The clips on the rear doors are System-X equipment holders in silver, part number 30 21 0700.

The side door for the crew cab carries a reflective warning triangle plus two orange warning lights high up which would light up automatically when the door was opened and then flash.

The final pic in this group is of the crew cab accommodation.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 16:29:21 »
Now two shots showing the use of the roof for a triple extension ladder in the centre, two lengths of suction hose (for drawing water from a hydrant or lifting it from a pond or stream) on the offside, and a length of suction with a filter on (the length which actually goes into the stream or pond, the filter filtering out mud  and other stuff which might block the pump), together with a ceiling hook (pike pole in the USA).

The other two pics show the rear access step in use as a crew member pulls out the hose reel tray (there is also a side access step to the crew cab), and a crew member pulling out the rear equipment tray with hand sawing tools in.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 16:41:44 »
Finally, three external views, and a "thank you" from the crew.

The ladder on the rear door is fom a 3880 fire engine with the fixing "posts" cut off.  If is held in place by two black System-X equipment holders, part number 30 20 9950 and are found in sets 3112 and 3203.

The searchlight is by a German firm called Robbe and is really for a model ship.  It can be wired up to work.  In addition, the roof of the appliance has in the wring for flashing blue lights and these can be fitted fairly easily if I want to use them.  Like the searchlight, these are also made by Robbe.

Lastly, as the crew say, "Thank you" for taking the time to look at these pics.  I hope you found them interesting and useful for your own customs, whatever theme you collect.

The next custom I do is defintiely going to be a simple one, probably devising storage shelving for the 3880 fire engine.

Thanks for your time. :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 17:57:18 »
Hello, Gordon ...

This vehicle is so professionally customised, that if you hadn't shown the "work in progress" photos, it would have been very difficult to see what was yours and what was original Playmobil.

Even though I am a Playmobil train enthusiast and could learn much from your techniques, I have never customized any LGB or Playmobil trains.

Unfortunately, what I really wanted to customize were the two 1900 (Belle Époque) vehicles. Now they are so valuable, that I daren't touch them.

Hopefully, Zirndorf will reissue them as they did with the bi-plane. These two vehicles would really lend themselves well to historical fire fighting equipment as well as to late Victorian military vehicles.

Thanks again for sharing a really informative post and a great customized vehicle.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 18:21:04 »
Very interesting photos. You know what you are talking about. I enjoyed them a lot!!  ;D

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 02:38:46 »
Hey Gordon,

Thats really cool. I like all the little details and the storage of equipment. I like the jump seats in the back, thats a very good idea. :yup: It gives me lots of ideas for my own custom unit (that should be done soon). I'm looking forward to seeing this unit in action. Very well done Gordon, thanks.

Ben

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2006, 05:55:59 »
Wow, this is a cool vehicle.  :omg: And how everythings fits so well into it. Very nice details, e.g. the "structured floor" or the customized warning lights with some "real" lenses (as far as I can see from the side shot).

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 08:43:59 »
Gordon, all I can say is that is a beautiful vehicle! WELL DONE!
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 10:24:16 »
This vehicle is so professionally customised, that if you hadn't shown the "work in progress" photos, it would have been very difficult to see what was yours and what was original Playmobil.

I'll second that. :yup:

You must be very happy with the end result of all your hard work, Gordon. The vehicle looks perfect from every angle! 8-)
Thanks for all the pictures and the detailed explanations. :)9