Author Topic: A System X day!  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: A System X day!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 17:38:41 »
I have mixed feelings about System X.  While it can be quite rigid with the right design, it can also easily break apart in other designs.  For example, fort towers are very sturdy but fort walls, although perfectly straight unlike the Steck fort walls, fall apart when one tries to move them.  Regardless, I've invested in it and so I'll stick with it.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 22:13:02 »
I just membered that set number 3151 - Viking Longhouse has a very bad design in the front ship yard/dock area... the dock
30 22 4420 - base piece dock section supported by  30 22 4430 - Palisade section narrow ascending height is cliped on the bottom of this rock formation 30 22 4450 - Rock formation staircase with System X sockets

The rock formation is then cliped on the main platform of the longhouse 30 22 4180 - large square base piece but only in two holes.... this makes both rock formations so unstable that everytime someone needs to move this thing around ends up picking up the whole dock from the floor... not to mention the palisades, the grass bases etc etc...

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 01:16:58 »
I agree that the Viking Longhouse was poorly designed.  Perhaps that was why it only lasted one year.  It wasn't at all historically correct either.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 02:47:51 »
I agree that the Viking Longhouse was poorly designed.  Perhaps that was why it only lasted one year.  It wasn't at all historically correct either.

Hi

That is one system X set that really did not look right. Those vikings were a great theme but that X fort was ugly.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

(edit) forgot a "T" in fort
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 13:26:54 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 08:29:04 »
but that X for was ugly.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Sorry to be repetitive but i cant think of any system x set that i sbetter looking than an equivalent steck set ....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 13:33:43 »
Sorry to be repetitive but i cant think of any system x set that i sbetter looking than an equivalent steck set ....

HI

But there are so many system X sets that are just not available in stecks. Look at any modern building, the fairy castles or the church, there just is not a steck equivalent.  look at how so many members have created such splendid creations with them. The building system allows one to make huge structures that are not possible in stecks. Stecks is great for walls but the buildings are so limited.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: