Author Topic: A System X day!  (Read 2197 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
A System X day!
« on: July 13, 2010, 23:58:57 »
Been busy sorting out system x today for our Playmo Exhibition.  Only 17 days to go and so much to sort out.  I'm getting to the panicking stage!
One of the displays I plan to build is a 'modern' street and I have been making shops today.  Getting short of system x I decided to forego my two Police Stations and have managed to use them to make a small 2 storey hospital, bank and hairdresser's shop.  I'm quite pleased with the result, I'll take some photos when I get all the furniture etc. in.
The hardest part of the day though was building the 3186 airport for another part of the display.  A few years ago we bought the 7573 extension to it, but had never used it. 
It took me over 3 hours to build it all!!    8} At crucial parts it kept breaking up!   :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
I hate System X    >:( -  Luckily it's back to building with steck tomorrow.  :D  :yippee:

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: A System X day!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:45:06 »

It took me over 3 hours to build it all!!    8} At crucial parts it kept breaking up! 

Elaine  :)

I have much the same experience everytime I build anything with syxtem-X. It appears to be a major design flaw, yet the designers never noticed this in product testing.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:06:52 »
I'd love to see soem pictures Elaine! Although steck is the answer to all  >:D >:D >:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 07:01:40 »
I look forward to see these designs. Though I have to agree with Wolf Knight and I am sure most have noticed I am obsessed with a steck hardcore designer wonnabe  and very prejudiced against other designs ..  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 07:02:41 »
I too find SystemX annoying to build with - when you come to put two bases together and they fly up and bits go everywhere 8} 8} 8}

Although I do think that SystemX looks great for the modern shops etc 8-)

Damo :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 21:08:07 »
Look forward to seeing the results, Elaine.  My experience is the same.   >:(
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 23:36:52 »
Hi

I too look forward to seeing how your creations take shape. I find systemX very useful for modern buildings and if you put in a floor covering the holes it looks really nice too. It is a common building system in real life for quick construction.

as far as annoyances is concerned I do not have too much trouble moving them. Actually I find it harder to move a castle as it has no base . The one hardship I have is my own fault. I build on the carpeted floor, put it all together then go to pick it up and find I squished a fiber in between some base and its stuck or buckles in the middle from the string

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 08:23:39 »
The ideal sets for system x in my ( humble and non system x expert or user ) opinion were the space ones. Really dont know why playmobil doesnt make a really good line of space theme with lots of spacecraft and stations and robots etc etc , last one was interesting, aliens were very strange and different but i guess they all flopped in teh market. Something alongside the playmospace old spacecraft and the modern robots , nasa missions would be more appropriate , something more scientific rather than a cheap comic immitation. ...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 11:30:15 »
I don't know...I like the system x  naval strongholds very much! Where i think the lion castle was not well designed, i think the opposite for these strongholds. I have two of them and plan to combine them with system x parts from the western fort, of which I have four. I need to built a keep on an island that is situated on a narrow gulf thus controling passage of ships...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 13:46:23 »
I don't know...I like the system x  naval strongholds very much! Where i think the lion castle was not well designed, i think the opposite for these strongholds. I have two of them and plan to combine them with system x parts from the western fort, of which I have four. I need to built a keep on an island that is situated on a narrow gulf thus controling passage of ships...

That is an interestong notion Sir panos. Th enaval strongholds are probably a bit more realistic than this awful syxtem x castle ( personal opinion) , i have hardly seen any system x large customs as only in large scale one can really access the potential and flaws of a design system . One think for sure the system x westrn fort sucks to make large designs whereas with western steck you can create miracles ( watch this space for my upcoming roman fortress ) . Well system x is pretty useless to me so look forward to see your designs panos!!!! still to see any large system x mediaval castles , with double high halls will look like a bloody  castle made of cheeze .... steck , steck , steck, only yesterday i bought another 122 steck mediaval walls to reinforce my mediaval citatel ....  ;D ;D