Author Topic: Help needed with fire engines  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Re: Help needed with fire engines
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 20:05:48 »
Don’t worry about it- They’ve ben sitting in a box in my garage since before I got married. :lol:
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 06:40:43 »
OK, the guy's now stalking us!

I never got round to contacting him, or leaving feedback. So yesterday he sent a message saying how he hoped that everything was alright and that we where happy with our purchase, and that he would be selling some more customs shortly :hmm:

And then we got a phone call from him!!!

He phoned my Stepdad's shop, and the conversation sort of went like:

"I hoped you liked your purchases, are there any problems, because you haven't left feedback yet"

"yes, yes there is, but I wouldn't like to say because I don't want to get it wrong so I will speak with him tonight and get back to you later"

Oh dear, I bet the guy's pooing himself! :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:55:30 by flatcat »

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 07:00:47 »
Bad luck Damo. A 20 quid loss is nothing to be sniffed at.

I cannot believe that he would call you asking for feedback! I sell all sorts of stuff on ebay (and buy, buy buy!) but I would NEVER ask for feedback via email or any other method. Do you think he has realised that he sold you a pile of crud? What are you going to say? Do you have the auction so we can look at it and see how he described it?
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 12:49:47 »
That is very strange, Flatcat. Why would he be asking for feedback and even phoning you? Is he not sure about it? Is he getting nervous?

Did he read this forum, perhaps?
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 13:31:30 »
That is very strange, Flatcat. Why would he be asking for feedback and even phoning you? Is he not sure about it? Is he getting nervous?

Did he read this forum, perhaps?

Who knows who could be reading this forum *shifting eyes*

I once sold something to someone on ebay, and they had left feedback, but I hadn't been on the computer for 2 days so the guy kept sending harrassing emails about why I hadn't left him feedback even though it had only literally been a couple of days, but after the fith email I gave in :-[

Damo ;)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 17:29:56 »
Since they are pestering you about feedback status, you should make contact alerting them that the items are not as described, & below your expected standard. You should request a full reimbursement for the items & shipping both ways, then return the items to the seller with an acknowledgment of delivery. If you purchased these items through Pay Pal, start a resolution claim under items not as described.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 16:59:48 »
Hi

I must say that getting that engine at  £20 or $30 is an incredible price even in this state. The engine obviously was painted and had sticker work done to it. The cracks and discoloring is annoying but if it was sold "as is" than there is not much you can say about it. If the seller did not know and sold it it was not misrepresented . If he did and tried to hide it,  proving this is hard.

I say make the best of it and try to restore the engine by re-painting the main body. Sand the outriggers a lot and put thin paint on it. Find new reflective yellow stickers and custom make new features like Bill has done in the past. Many old space items work for this.

The feed back thing is not so odd. I have a lot of sellers who ask me to remember to leave feed back. I have never been called but I never give out my #'s so I get lots of email reminders.

I did once get a broken train and felt the lady was trying to hide it but after dealing with the post master, ebay, everyone was pointing the fingers i finally just wrote it off ( it was an electric engine for like $30 so not much room to complain ). The post master was going to give me a refund but the train had to be fully destroyed and thrown in the trash, and I just could not do that to the engine.

You buy a lot of stuff so this is bound to happen, it just sucks when it is a rare item .

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 07:03:44 »
Thanks for the advice everyone :wave:

Work has started on the 3526, and it is going to look very special after I have finished with it!

I must say that getting that engine at  £20 or $30 is an incredible price even in this state. The engine obviously was painted and had sticker work done to it. The cracks and discoloring is annoying but if it was sold "as is" than there is not much you can say about it. If the seller did not know and sold it it was not misrepresented . If he did and tried to hide it,  proving this is hard.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Really?

I do hate it when a seller advertises something as 'sold as seen' or 'as is', because you can't actually see it (well, not in any decent detail) so it is a bit unfair, and I have never to this date bought something that the seller is selling as 'sold as seen' because I automatically pressume that they have something to hide if they cannot give an accurate enough description or guarantee.

Damo :)