Author Topic: Buildings in my castle project  (Read 30081 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Buildings in my castle project
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2010, 15:12:04 »
Let me in on somma dat action! ;D
I really can't wait to see some photos,
Progress photos are great too... ;)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2010, 13:52:46 »
yeeeeeeeeeees , progress pics are sometimes the best !!!! Look forward to see your castle Sir Knight so i get some good ideas how to make a successfull siege out of it also !!!!
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2010, 14:02:18 »
hmmm so I really need to work faster...with all the tiding up I stil have not build anything new... :( :( :( I have planned the medieval inn in my mind though...trying to find a name for it...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2010, 15:43:26 »
hmmm so I really need to work faster...with all the tiding up I stil have not build anything new... :( :( :( I have planned the medieval inn in my mind though...trying to find a name for it...

The Tabard Inn is the name of an inn in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.  A tabard is a coat without sleeves, a sort of over-tunic which a herald might wear or a lord's man-at-arms.  In Chaucer's book the tabard is an actual tabard hung outside the inn.  Ideally, what you need is the body of a knight with the same printing on front and back and then hand it out on a pole.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2010, 16:08:10 »
The Tabard Inn is the name of an inn in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.  A tabard is a coat without sleeves, a sort of over-tunic which a herald might wear or a lord's man-at-arms.  In Chaucer's book the tabard is an actual tabard hung outside the inn.  Ideally, what you need is the body of a knight with the same printing on front and back and then hand it out on a pole.

Gordon that is indeed a brilliant idea  :)9 :)9 :)9!!! And ties very well with my memories of Canterbury!!! The original Inn was situated in Southwark, London, if I remember correctly, right?

Any clues as to what the Tabard Inn's  tabard had on it?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2010, 16:23:37 »
Gordon that is indeed a brilliant idea  :)9 :)9 :)9!!! And ties very well with my memories of Canterbury!!! The original Inn was situated in Southwark, London, if I remember correctly, right?

Any clues as to what the Tabard Inn's  tabard had on it?

You are right as to the location, Panos.  As to what the tabard had on it, if anything, I don't know but when next in town I'll call in the library and see if they have a copy and try to find out for you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2010, 18:15:18 »
You are right as to the location, Panos.  As to what the tabard had on it, if anything, I don't know but when next in town I'll call in the library and see if they have a copy and try to find out for you.

Fantastic!! Thanks a lot! Although, I cannot recall if there was any reference...

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2010, 05:45:56 »
Thank you for the links Elaine!!! Much appreciated!!! They are indeed a great help!!! Especially fot the building process with steck!!

It seems to me that the tabard was depicting a shield on it and two crosed weapons behind it... A the magic of interpretation!!! Who knows if it was really designed this way.... Unless there is a reference to the book...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2010, 09:13:33 »
Waiting to see your other grand designs Sir wolf ! I am sure all here will agree you deserve the title ' Master Steck Designer ' and Playmobil should offer you employment with 6 figures to re create steck mediaval houses for us to buy !!!!!! Bring back steck !!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: