Author Topic: How do I take a Klicky apart  (Read 8477 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
How do I take a Klicky apart
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:39:47 »
Hi,

After reading and trying every method to get a Klicky apart, none work for me and all my Klickies remain in one piece 0)

Is there one method that I can make actually work? I managed to get one apart a few years ago, but I can't remember how, and I could never get him back together again :(

Thanks
Damo

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: How do I take a Klicky apart
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:28:02 »
There are a lot of ways to do that Damo...

I use a not-too-sharp pincer .... apply the pincer in the curved sides above the neck and just pull strongly without squeezing.... and while pulling, turn the head left it makes to head go off easier for some reason...

And there is of course the ''hand on'' (is this the correct terminology playmofriends? ) where you keep the klicky in the seat position, hands parallel to the body, an bang the klicky's feet on an thick surface... folded news paper...the 1990's klickies make it harder for me to use either method... perhaps someone can descibe this better if my description does not make any sense?

An there is another one using small screwdrivers to pull out the legs...

There are many sites that show such methods...i really cannot recall their urls...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 13:25:00 »
I do the bent leg, smack top of head method mostly :evilplan:, next, I use the thick rubber band coiled like a snake around the Klicky's neck then squeezing it method :o, & thirdly I use a pair of pliers with thick rubber hose on each plier finger to prevent damage, to squeeze the neck to release it from the body method :(o):.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 15:36:44 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kiczou4_ts

I did this short video for MacHaffee on Playmoboard a while back. I have modified this method since by using a piece of rubber rather than cardboard. It lasts better and is more reliable at preventing leg damage.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 15:40:53 »
I have tried everything now, and still can't get him apart. I've damaged our mousemat trying the sitting and hitting method, and I didn't realise how sharp our long nose pliers were and they cut through the elastic band and now my klicky is ruined and he will never be the same again :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 15:44:32 »
I have tried everything now, and still can't get him apart. I've damaged our mousemat trying the sitting and hitting method, and I didn't realise how sharp our long nose pliers were and they cut through the elastic band and now my klicky is ruined and he will never be the same again :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I've never tried the pliers method, I wouldn't want sharp hard metal coming near my klickies.

Another method I use for fatbellies is to tie a string around their neck, tie the other end to something STRONG (I usually use the bannisters or a table leg), hold the klickie round the arms and body, and give a sharp tug. Watch where the head flies, and be careful it doesn't hit you in the eye.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 15:45:58 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kiczou4_ts

How the hell do you do that??? nothing works for me! unless I have just got a stubborn Klicky

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 16:00:19 »
It demands a little practice.
Don't give up, and don't be afraid. They look smiley, but they're plastic, and have no nervous system ...

Really tough ones are the fat klickys. With these, only the rubber works out (it's possible to use the "Han's" hit, but it's much more difficult ...).

I usually do the hit, and it works perfectly with common klickys, but I follow the advice they gave me here: I change the leg for one specially set apart for this "opperation" ...
The hit must be quick and hard. It's like Karate or the like, when they break a plank, you know?: concentrate, over a hard surface (I do it on a hard wood stool, which is marked by some hits ::) ); concentrate (klicky on the stool, you hold it really hard), and ..HA!!!-crack!~ (suddenly and very quickly raise it up, and hit!). It's simple, but it's a kind of a martial art, it needs a little focus ...
(You might even try to scream: it might help, however it isn't necessary ...)

Practice, and you'll do it.

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 16:05:51 »
Ps.

If the "ha!" doesn't work with the Font Size Large ("HA!!!"), apply Extra Large ("HA!!!"). You won't need Huge ... It's perfectly possible to do it with the Large "ha!"
Gus

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 17:20:58 »
Thanks Gustavo!

I shall try again tommorow, remembering to give an extra big "HA!!!"
Or is that too big ;D

How do you stop the writing being big :help: