Author Topic: AN EVENING SAIL  (Read 3943 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
AN EVENING SAIL
« on: May 12, 2010, 22:15:18 »
Having made some new sails for a spare red pirate ship I had, I persuaded Junior to come on the beach with me, to sail it....

We set off with him carrying the ship while I carried the camera.  Part way down the beach he realised that his avatar who was holding a fishing line with a fish on the end had dropped the fish he did try to look for it but it really was like looking for a needle in a haystack - could you spot a silver fish here?  :lens:

We found a large pool close to the sea and Junior set the boat down - unfortunately knocking the plain black flag off the top  - the only one I had - into the pool.  Again we gave up looking for it due to the presence of crabs scurrying around and the fact that the sea water had come over the top of my wellies!
However when it did eventually get in the water the ship sailed well...

My avatar was steering and Junior was fishing, however he nearly fell overboard so my avatar steered the boat to the side while Junior secured himself to the rigging for safety...

Then it was off again ...

It was a lovely evening so they put the anchor down for a while while we played with Mitzi our collie .... notice the faithful ship's cats on deck (Skypurr stayed alert all the time but Cynda was asleep as usual!)

The light was starting to fade and the giant sea monster Mitzi made the sea a bit rough ...

So it was time to sail home .... 

And go and empty the wellies and wring out my socks!!  ;D

Elaine and Junior

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: AN EVENING SAIL
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 23:58:50 »
Nice story!
And the sails are beautiful!
Very cool. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 00:12:53 »
Excellent story, & refurbished ship :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 04:07:15 »
Wonderful story!  I like the warm golden late afternoon hue in the last photo.  What a nice time you and Jr. had!  (And Mitzi, too, I presume.)

Great work on the sails!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 04:37:24 »
What a lovely photostory Elaine!! Thank you very much for these wonderfull pictures!!! And congratulations on the sails!!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 06:11:22 »
An excellent photo-story, Elaine, and those sails look really professional.  It reminds me of the fishing boat "The Reaper" on "Boats that built Britain" on TV last night.

When sailing on a windy day, keep the lines of the rigging slack as otherwise strong winds will roll the ship over.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 06:37:37 »
Great ship, and what a fabulous photo story! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 12:18:27 »
Here's a scan of the spars, Elaine.  If you want them, PM me your address again.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 13:05:57 »
Very nice! :clap: :clap:

Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures.

Anchors aweigh,
Jimbo

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 00:48:37 »
Nice photos!  I wish I lived by the sea... Instead of a land-locked state in the middle of north america... :(  We do have 10,000 lakes though.