Author Topic: The castle that will never be  (Read 9575 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: The castle that will never be
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 14:58:46 »
Thanks, Martin  :) - Probably because it is a design that was never made because it was so rubbish and easy to attack maybe :-\

Never underestimate the power of your creations....There are potentials that can only be revealed through and in time....

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 15:27:53 »
Thanks, Martin  :) - Probably because it is a design that was never made because it was so rubbish and easy to attack maybe :-\

The motte and bailey is a very ancient castle design, and if you think of your design as a castle with bailey, attached to a walled town, it is a very reasonable layout.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 16:13:04 »
That looked like a great project you had in mind Damo, sorry you have had to dismantle it but I'm sure it won't be too long before it sees the light of day again. 
If it's any consolation your steck collection is larger than mine  - I haven't got a lot of money to spare to buy more and keep getting outbid!  :'(
I've been pretty busy for the last few months, but am determined to sort out my ships in the next few days so hopefully I'll have some parts for you this week if you still want them. Maybe sorting out your pirate ship will be the beginning of a new project for you.  :)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 16:29:21 »

That looked like a great project you had in mind Damo, sorry you have had to dismantle it but I'm sure it won't be too long before it sees the light of day again. 
If it's any consolation your steck collection is larger than mine  - I haven't got a lot of money to spare to buy more and keep getting outbid!  :'(
I've been pretty busy for the last few months, but am determined to sort out my ships in the next few days so hopefully I'll have some parts for you this week if you still want them. Maybe sorting out your pirate ship will be the beginning of a new project for you.  :)

Elaine

Thanks Elaine - I still haven't got any more bits for it yet and any more would be of much help. I have just gone and stupidly bought another incomplete one although this one is'nt missing as much :doh:

5736 - Blackbeard's Pirate Ship

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 17:30:24 »
As far as I can tell Flatcat, your collection (in a whole) is HUGE!
With all of your modern stuff, and everything else you collect.
But if you really like one group then I suggest you try to focus buying only from that group.
You dont have to sell any of your stuff, just stop buying from those catagories.
That way you can buuild up on your favorite theme, and make super latge setups of thet, instead of trying to make super large setups of everything! 8}
Then when your intrests shift, or if they shift...
You will have the other stuff to turn to, sitting up in your attic.
That is just an idea... ;)

I hope you have fun collecting!

And just so you know, I only collects knights, and your collection is bigger then mine! :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 18:52:31 »
As far as I can tell Flatcat, your collection (in a whole) is HUGE!
With all of your modern stuff, and everything else you collect.
But if you really like one group then I suggest you try to focus buying only from that group.
You dont have to sell any of your stuff, just stop buying from those catagories.
That way you can buuild up on your favorite theme, and make super latge setups of thet, instead of trying to make super large setups of everything! 8}
Then when your intrests shift, or if they shift...
You will have the other stuff to turn to, sitting up in your attic.
That is just an idea... ;)

I hope you have fun collecting!

And just so you know, I only collects knights, and your collection is bigger then mine! :)

You're right WoT, I think this is where I am going wrong. I am theoretically just a modern collector but then when I get joblots on ebay that include a pirate ship or castle etc, I just can't help myself buying even more to build upon them. I just love buying Playmo! 8} 8} 8}

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 01:58:21 »
You're right WoT, I think this is where I am going wrong. I am theoretically just a modern collector but then when I get joblots on ebay that include a pirate ship or castle etc, I just can't help myself buying even more to build upon them. I just love buying Playmo! 8} 8} 8}

Beleive me FlatCat, I understand the feeling!
I saw a fire truck at Target some time ago, and I thought it was soo cool
(mostly because of one of PlaymoFire's reveiws...) that I nearly bought it!
Luckly I didnt have any money, and reasoned with myself later that my Firemen would be very lonely
And I would have to start collecting other fire service men to go with them, and then, and then, and then... 8}
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 07:57:12 »
Its easy to drift away from your favorite theme....i've done it a lot of times and found myself wandering why did that...I've organised a few selves at my parents house where i have put all the playmobil sets and items that are not related to my favourite medieval theme...among other favourite themes...

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 05:11:48 »
Just keep working on it, off and on, when parts come available.
God luck, and I hope it comes together for you.:)
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 16:53:32 »
Its easy to drift away from your favorite theme....i've done it a lot of times and found myself wandering why did that...I've organised a few selves at my parents house where i have put all the playmobil sets and items that are not related to my favourite medieval theme...among other favourite themes...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't stick to one favorite theme, my favorite is whatever I feel like playing with at the time.  ;D