Author Topic: The castle that will never be  (Read 9576 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: The castle that will never be
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 11:56:36 »

@ Bill....Great combined effort!! This is what i like in our forum!!! Did a member of this forum managed to get that lot??

From what I can tell I don't think so! A while after the transaction was complete, I noticed an eBay super seller with many auctions containing small batches of Steck parts for "buy it now" listings, & I fear it fell prey to being scattered about! I wish I had kept that eBay listing in a folder to show people now, because it was beyond belief! There were so many parts I dare say someone with the PM castle knowledge could have built 10 3666 castles & had enough parts left over to build unlimited custom castle projects! There were no figures or furnishings in the collection, but there were the yellow & green flags, red roof panels too many to count, Steck 4 & 3 way connectors....it was unbelievable, a once in a lifetime opportunity :(o):!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 12:10:21 »
No :0, don't sell it, just calm down a little while & someday you'll say, I sure am glad I kept all of this stuff  :cloud9:!
BTW, a while back before you joined this forum I found a super collection of Steck for sell on eBay in New York state where a serious collector was selling his entire Steck collection in plastic storage tubs! He was quite well versed on everything related to Playmobil Steck! There were many 3666, 3123, 3665, 3888, 7420, 7288, 7421, 7200, 7758, 7761,7144, 7175, 7122 Steck sets, & the seller knew about each item! There was only one problem, it was so large he would not ship it anywhere, & required the winning buyer to pick it up at his location! It was a popular topic back then, & we were talking about forming a plan of buying it as a group & find out who was closest that could make the journey to collect it, but it didn't happen. I'm trying to remember what it sold for, but it wasn't very much, I think under $1000.00! Even though I'm not a PM knight collector, I wish I would have been able to get that collection just to help new collectors like yourself to complete their projects! See, you never know what the future holds ;)!

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
That would have been a dream come true for me :'(

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 12:14:27 »
I found the original discussion under a topic called "eBay?" on here! I was taunting Indianna at the time into buying it :lol:! I knew her weakness >:D! The auction number was 370205029666 but it has disappeared on ebay due to being over a year ago :-\! & BTW, in the sellers listing he made mention of buying large quantities of DS Steck parts to do custom creations when they were available!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 12:32:18 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 12:18:14 »
I took a photo of my steck before packing it away. It isn't much compared to some people's but I will still continue to add to it if I come across anything interesting :)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 12:19:40 »
I found the original discussion under a topic called "eBay?" on here! I was taunting Indianna at the time into buying it :lol:! I knew her weakness >:D! The auction number was 370205029666 but it has disappeared on ebay due to being over a year ago :-\!

Is there anyway to find it using Google, as I know I have found really old ebay lots on there before although the advert is probably been gone forever now :'(

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 12:35:39 »

I took a photo of my steck before packing it away. It isn't much compared to some people's but I will still continue to add to it if I come across anything interesting :)

You have nothing to feel ashamed about! That is quite a nice collection to have in your possession! I'm sure there are others saying they wish they were as fortunate as yourself!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 12:39:42 »
Is there anyway to find it using Google, as I know I have found really old ebay lots on there before although the advert is probably been gone forever now :'(

I don't know anything about the procedure to find old listings, but it has been just at a year so maybe you might be able to find it! BEWARE if you find it, you may need to have 911 on speed dial :lol:!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 13:00:08 »
I don't know anything about the procedure to find old listings, but it has been just at a year so maybe you might be able to find it! BEWARE if you find it, you may need to have 911 on speed dial :lol:!

I have had a quick look with no success but I am sure someone has kept a copy of the pics maybe :prays:

BTW, its 999 for me Bill ;)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 13:30:24 »
Looks like a great castle setup Damo, I haven't seen anyone do a design with a central tower connecting two separate courtyards before.

One day you'll have your own space, and more money to invest in your castle. For now, why not have smaller castle that can sit on top of a chest of drawers? Space and money, and the understanding of partners or parents, are limiting factors on all our collections.

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 14:12:42 »
Looks like a great castle setup Damo, I haven't seen anyone do a design with a central tower connecting two separate courtyards before.

Thanks, Martin  :) - Probably because it is a design that was never made because it was so rubbish and easy to attack maybe :-\