Author Topic: The castle that will never be  (Read 9584 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
The castle that will never be
« on: April 23, 2010, 17:00:54 »
Hi,
This is the last you will hear of my castle project (thank goodness I hear you say!) ;D

After being let down and disapointed with every castle steck lot from ebay and running out of money (spent around £150) I am now giving up and here are a few pics of how it looked so far before dismantling and packing up in the loft for that certain day that may come in a few years time.

:(

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: The castle that will never be
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 18:06:04 »
Damo this was beautifull...Sorry you had to dismantle it...I liked the seperation between the palace/court and what appears to be a training ground...I really liked how you hang your tools on the wall!!!

Do not dispair, I was in your place once and now...I cannot stop myself getting more and more steck pieces!!!

It will feel really great in a few years when you unpack it and reset it again!!! All good luck!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 18:56:17 »
Wolf Knight is right - the time for your castle will come.  Even while it is packed away in the loft, you'll keep thinking of it, almost subconsciously, so that finally you will unpack it all and build the castle which is perfect for the parts you have.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 19:00:32 »
Damo this was beautifull...Sorry you had to dismantle it...I liked the seperation between the palace/court and what appears to be a training ground...I really liked how you hang your tools on the wall!!!

Do not dispair, I was in your place once and now...I cannot stop myself getting more and more steck pieces!!!

It will feel really great in a few years when you unpack it and reset it again!!! All good luck!!!

Thanks, Panos I am glad you liked it. Hopefully I can complete it someday but i have just run out of money and time (it's been in the lounge for a couple of months and Mum's fed up with it)

I'm glad you noticed the tools - This castle was designed to be National Trust with open rooms, cafe, gift shop, and real life knights reinactments practicing outside in the outside area with logs around it. There was going to be another castle building in the second area but I ran out of steck :(

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 19:01:46 »
Wolf Knight is right - the time for your castle will come.  Even while it is packed away in the loft, you'll keep thinking of it, almost subconsciously, so that finally you will unpack it all and build the castle which is perfect for the parts you have.

Thanks, Gordon you are right as I just haven't got the time or imagination at the moment :(

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 04:05:25 »
I have to agree with Panos and Gordon flatcat, you have a nice set of pieces and what you already constructed is good, you will come back to this with new energy and be pleasantly surprised at all the pieces you have.  :wave:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 05:19:42 »
As everyone has already said flatcat, it maybe time to take a break & put your project on the back burner for awhile! While it's out of sight out of mind, you will see things that will spark your interest in it again, like a huge eBay job lot of Steck parts, or maybe the fruits of Richards meeting with yours & everyone else's continued voting, the dream may come true for a reintroduction of the Steck line as a reward for all of our efforts along with a classic collectors edition 3526 fire engine set for me (BTW, I love those trucks if you haven't noticed!) :love:! One can only hope & continue to vote ;)! You have done extremely well with what you have to work with, so don't give up, just relax & wait!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:28:30 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:41:14 »
Thanks, Gepetto and Bill!

I was thinking of selling it all but then decided that that would be a stupid idea as I know I would always regret it and I know I will someday have a great idea and a despirate urge for steck 8-)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 11:13:34 »
Thanks, Gepetto and Bill!

I was thinking of selling it all but then decided that that would be a stupid idea as I know I would always regret it and I know I will someday have a great idea and a despirate urge for steck 8-)

No :0, don't sell it, just calm down a little while & someday you'll say, I sure am glad I kept all of this stuff  :cloud9:!
BTW, a while back before you joined this forum I found a super collection of Steck for sell on eBay in New York state where a serious collector was selling his entire Steck collection in plastic storage tubs! He was quite well versed on everything related to Playmobil Steck! There were many 3666, 3123, 3665, 3888, 7420, 7288, 7421, 7200, 7758, 7761,7144, 7175, 7122 Steck sets, & the seller knew about each item! There was only one problem, it was so large he would not ship it anywhere, & required the winning buyer to pick it up at his location! It was a popular topic back then, & we were talking about forming a plan of buying it as a group & find out who was closest that could make the journey to collect it, but it didn't happen. I'm trying to remember what it sold for, but it wasn't very much, I think under $1000.00! Even though I'm not a PM knight collector, I wish I would have been able to get that collection just to help new collectors like yourself to complete their projects! See, you never know what the future holds ;)!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:39:42 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:30 »
All too true!!! Bill is right!!! Its so awfull to realise something that defined your personality while you were growing up...Leave it packed in the loft!!! Its gonna be like a treasure rediscovered!!!

@ Bill....Great combined effort!! This is what i like in our forum!!! Did a member of this forum managed to get that lot??