Author Topic: Steck 4 way connector warning  (Read 2370 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Steck 4 way connector warning
« on: April 23, 2010, 15:46:00 »
Hi,

I have just recently purchases a few of these 4 way connectors for my castle project and they don't fit as they are two different size stecks

30 03 9740 - Connector, four-way, for crossbraced house foundations

This part has always been recommended as the solution to the four way connector problem but obviously no one has ever actually tried using them with castle steck as it just doesn't work.

So just a warning to anyone thinking that they can use them for castles :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Steck 4 way connector warning
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 16:22:14 »
I recommended it in error and corrected the error in a later post Apologies if it was my recommendation that led you astray.  If you bought them from DS, you can return them for a refund.

I ordered some of the correct four way connector (http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+05+3070) but was told that the part is no longer available. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 16:32:39 »
I recommended it in error and corrected the error in a later post Apologies if it was my recommendation that led you astray.  If you bought them from DS, you can return them for a refund.

I ordered some of the correct four way connector (http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30+05+3070) but was told that the part is no longer available. 

Don't worry Gordon, It was recommended to me before and just wanted to know if there was any other alternatives. I just wanted to let people know that they weren't compatible that was all.

I am very sorry if I have upset you at all I hadn't realised :-[

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 16:37:09 »
Don't worry Gordon, It was recommended to me before and just wanted to know if there was any other alternatives. I just wanted to let people know that they weren't compatible that was all.

I am very sorry if I have upset you at all I hadn't realised :-[

No, no, Damo, you've not upset me at all, other than I was concerned that I might have put you to trouble and expense, so don't worry.

How did the exams go?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 16:51:22 »
No, no, Damo, you've not upset me at all, other than I was concerned that I might have put you to trouble and expense, so don't worry.

How did the exams go?

Thanks, Gordon - I won't admit to how much I paid as I had to get them from ebay :-[
But they will go into the spares box as they are good parts to have and quite hard to find :)

The exams are still ongoing - my German oral is now next wednesday and I have just handed my final Engineering coursework in. I'm hopfully going to college next year to study horticulture as i wish to oneday work in a National trust garden or somewhere similar as that is what I love :love: