Author Topic: how can we tell from the box if a playmobil is made in germany  (Read 2645 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
i always knew that we can say that a toy is made in germany from inhalt(contents)being the first word on the front of the box i saw a 3551 new
 that says inhalt as a first word but it's made by antex seeit here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Playmobil-Fishing-Boat-Trawler-3551-COMPLETE-BOX-/230464355635?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a8befd33
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: how can we tell from the box if a playmobil is made in germany
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:51:16 »
I think the only way to know where something is made is by reading on the box "Made in....." followed by the name of the country concerned.  I have never come across the "Inhalt" method.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:21:24 »
I'm with Gordon on this one....

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 15:30:45 »
really!! usually when something is made in germany the first word for contens it is appeard in the german language "inhalt" when you buy playmobil from distance (ebay) most of the times show only the front of the box where you can't check the side to see in words where it's been made

this is made in spain http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_gold/robotrobot/pm/5501-m.jpg

this made in germany

http://img.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/img?s=MLB&f=106344409_7850.jpg&v=E

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 16:52:36 »
I think this is also a problem with playmobil collecting...some sets were reproduced so many times that it is not easy to check when or where the box is originating from....I think the best to do is buy the set anyway!!! It is still quite collectable and remember, always fun to get it and play with it!!!! ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 18:28:34 »
Nowadays, Playmobil is made in a number of places in Europe, e.g. Germany, Malta, but I'm sure the boxes are the same wherever it is made.  I thought the question was about the current production of Playmobil and that's the question I was answering.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 19:10:04 »
Nowadays, Playmobil is made in a number of places in Europe, e.g. Germany, Malta, but I'm sure the boxes are the same wherever it is made.  I thought the question was about the current production of Playmobil and that's the question I was answering.

I think alexis wants to go further than that...I think he wants to know if the content of these boxes were also made in Germany, Argentina etc...

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 19:14:34 »
In a lot of cases the made in xxx is where most of the items are boxed and some of the contents may be made in another country.
All the Playmobil figures and 123 are made in Malta. One think is that none are made in the U.K.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 19:22:00 »
I think alexis wants to go further than that...I think he wants to know if the content of these boxes were also made in Germany, Argentina etc...

Nowadays, this is difficult as a set may contain parts from more than one country.   All the individual klickies are made in Malta, for example, while the carrry case sets such as the supermarket accessory set, were marked "Made in Czechoslovakia" where they were packed and the parts made elsewhere in Europe.

I see we posted at the same time, Walt.  You say more clearly what I wanted to say.   :wave:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 19:24:19 »
Nowadays, this is difficult as a set may contain parts from more than one country.   All the individual klickies are made in Malta, for example, while the carrry case sets such as the supermarket accessory set, were marked "Made in Czechoslovakia" where they were packed and the parts made elsewhere in Europe.

I'd suspected that this was the case....