Author Topic: Maltese Grand Master  (Read 2676 times)

Offline reimagination

• Playmo Fanatic
Maltese Grand Master
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:39:17 »
I received the Maltese Grand Master in the mail today. He's pretty cool, yet odd. I'm assuming he is the Grand Master of  the Knights of Hospitaller. Honestly, I know little about the Knights Hospitaller or Malta. It just seemed unique and "foreign" to me. I mean, you'd never see a Barbie or Lego in Crusades regalia.

So what can you tell me about my new Playmo? Where and when is he from? What's his number? How do you get one (besides eBay).

I really didn't have a super amount of interest in him; like, he wasn't one of my must haves primarily because like I said I know little about the Knights Hospitaller or Malta. But I happened to stumble across him again a few days ago for really cheap (90 cents), and he stayed that low I'm assuming because he was oddly labeled.

He does look nicely between the guitar player and ghost pirate though. Okay, I'm weird.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: Maltese Grand Master
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 14:35:41 »
we were talking for that on an another topic this is the man right? http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!Bl8wQpQ!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-CwEtrN4QK5UBLd)FzBej!~~_35.JPG  he has no number on the box i don't think it had a box and was only available in malta you can see this discussion on"what is this " white cross shirt" topic on the forum ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 14:37:47 »
The spirits rule !!!!

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 15:38:35 »
Here's the link to the previous discussion:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=4322.0
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 15:42:04 »
thank you playmofire for doing it for me as i don't know how to do it :wave:
The spirits rule !!!!

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 15:51:03 »
thank you playmofire for doing it for me as i don't know how to do it :wave:

Glad to help, playmo1989.   :wave:

Here's how you can do it yourself.

1.  Find the page you're wanting to link to.

2.  Highlight the web address of the page at the top of the browser window.

3.  Right click with your mouse and on the menu click Copy.

4.  Go to the post you're writing, position the cursor where you want to put the link (it's often best to put the link on a line by itself), right click with your mouse and click on Paste.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 15:58:41 »
i did it  :cham: it was easy the link above doesn't have to do with the theme  :-[ thank you playmofire again
The spirits rule !!!!

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 15:59:51 »
Glad to help again.

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 02:12:52 »
To answer your original question Dereck...
The Knight Hospitaller were a holy order of the Kingdom of Jerusalem durring the time of the Crusades (1095-1291).
I do not know all that much about the Hospitallers as I am more intrested in their brothers the Knights Templar. Unfourtunatly the two orders did not treat eachother like brothers, and often hated each other... (Sometime I don't understand the things people do...)
They grew to be a large order, and quite powerful. The Grand Master was the order's leader.
They were originally created to build and work in hospitals, but they also trained Knights to aid the Crusaders.
That is a rough history of the Hospitallers... or what I know of them.
Hope that was helpful! :wave:
Steck is BACK! <:>